good deal??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassKnuckles, Jan 6, 2014.

1. BassKnuckles

BassKnuckles Supporting Member

I had been gassing for a pbass for quite a while, I ran across this one here, It's a squire series, made in korea in 1992. All original, the neck was great and the body was in great shape. I LOVE the sound and feel of this bass. It just feels right ya know. I paid $150 for it. I'll throw in some new pups soon. Opinions? Do you think i got ripped off or paid too much?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GretschBassist

GretschBassist Banned

$150 is NOTHING for that feeling. Can't tell you if the actual bass is worth it though ;)
    I'd suggest you stop thinking about it and start playing it?^^

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

You done good. If you LOVE the sound, I see no good reason to change the pickups either.

4. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

You did good. I bought 3 MIK P bases this past fall. Out of them two were Squier II with maple necks and both had neck issues so I parted them out.

The other bass is an older MIK E series with rosewood neck which really sings. I completely rebuilt it the only thing still original to that bass is the wood and tuners.

It is my homemade roadworn since it was pretty beat up. I paid 65.00 ea. for the two with issues and $100 for the one I still have so you did good.

The older MIK are pretty solid basses.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassKnuckles

BassKnuckles Supporting Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I DO love this pbass. Theres something about the feel of em. not to mention the sound. One of the pups is kinda sunk in and won't raise, thats why i plan on replacing them. GC has those "original pbass pups" lol on sale, maybe ill give them a whirl. or maybe some emg's.

7. solderjunkie

solderjunkie

The Fender "Original" pup is awesome.

If you like how it sounds, a new bit of foam under the existing pup will raise it again.

8. GretschBassist

GretschBassist Banned

It may not be the PU's, try having the PU selectors and controls swapped, doesn't cost a fortune and can make a huge difference. Don't forget, a "vintage" guitar is always as well OLD. I like the old Fender PU's and wouldn't change them unless necessary.

9. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Agreed - I probably did close to 800 gigs on a pair of MIK Squiers over a 10 year period, and they were solid as a rock - probably still are... I also had a couple of Spectors and Schecters that were MIK, and were very well made instruments, too...

- georgestrings