1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Good instrument repair in North Carolina?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BenWhoPlaysBass, Dec 31, 2013.

1. BenWhoPlaysBass

BenWhoPlaysBass

I'll be moving to Durham, NC in a week or so, and seeing as I'm completely useless at DIY repair (especially with electronics) I was wondering: Anyone in the Raleigh-Durham area know of a good shop to get service and repair? My jazz bass is currently non-functioning as the pickups shorted and one pot failed. There's a guitar center there, I know, but I'd rather take my instruments to a local shop.

(Not sure where to post this, so I figured "miscellaneous" would be a good place to put the post)

2. play4sanity

play4sanity

Here is the guy you want: http://www.thefretking.com/

I'm sure there are others but I have personal experience and can highly recommend him.

3. ack

ack Supporting Member

4. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

+1 to Harry's, great service. Ive never had them do repair work, but i always appreciate a business that isn't constantly trying to upsell me like GC, and to a lesser extent, Sam Ash

5. Register to disable this ad