1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Good program for wiring diagrams.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by two fingers, Sep 25, 2013.

1. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

So, I am in a motors and controls class. I have to turn in a big binder at the end of the term that contains a lot of wiring diagrams and schematics for the things we have been studying. We are allowed to draw them by hand or use a program and print them out. I can't draw by hand well enough to pull it off.

Multisim seems to have MOST (but not all) of what I need for the diagrams. I'm still searching through it and may possibly find everything I need.

Are there any other programs like that where I can pretty much draw the circuit by clicking on components already in the program and print it out?

2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Can't you import extra components into multisim?

One of the UG labs I used to teach used multisim, though I'm sure it had everything we had required. Been a while since I've looked at it tho.

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Everything around here is in ACAD.

4. two fingers

I don't know. Can you? I'll have to look into that.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

While I think CAD is an amazing program, it is too annoying to setup printing scale and whatnot. I need these to just be 8 1/2" X 11"

7. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I use a program called LTSpice, but it is more oriented towards circuits than control systems. Still, it lets you create your own symbols. And it's free. If you only had a dozen or so symbols, it might be an option.

Is this useful?

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/ph/p/id/39

8. two fingers

Both tip and link are helpful. Thanks!

9. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    At your service! By the way, I meant: LTSpice can handle any number of custom symbols, but more than a dozen might be a PITA to create.