1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Good program for wiring diagrams.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by two fingers, Sep 25, 2013.

1. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

So, I am in a motors and controls class. I have to turn in a big binder at the end of the term that contains a lot of wiring diagrams and schematics for the things we have been studying. We are allowed to draw them by hand or use a program and print them out. I can't draw by hand well enough to pull it off.

Multisim seems to have MOST (but not all) of what I need for the diagrams. I'm still searching through it and may possibly find everything I need.

Are there any other programs like that where I can pretty much draw the circuit by clicking on components already in the program and print it out?
  2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Can't you import extra components into multisim?

One of the UG labs I used to teach used multisim, though I'm sure it had everything we had required. Been a while since I've looked at it tho.
  3. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

Everything around here is in ACAD.
  4. two fingers

I don't know. Can you? I'll have to look into that.
  5. two fingers

While I think CAD is an amazing program, it is too annoying to setup printing scale and whatnot. I need these to just be 8 1/2" X 11"
  6. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I use a program called LTSpice, but it is more oriented towards circuits than control systems. Still, it lets you create your own symbols. And it's free. If you only had a dozen or so symbols, it might be an option.

Is this useful?

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/ph/p/id/39
  7. two fingers

Both tip and link are helpful. Thanks!
  8. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    At your service! By the way, I meant: LTSpice can handle any number of custom symbols, but more than a dozen might be a PITA to create.