Good quality DPDT push/pull 250K pots

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DaveyM69, Mar 16, 2011.

1. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

Good quality DPDT push/pull 250K pots

Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer of these, I'm wanting linear and log. 500K will do if 250K not available.

I had some Alpha ones delivered yesterday and they were pretty poor.

2. ZolkoW

ZolkoW

I don't know the manufacturer, but those at bestbassgear felt classy, I wish they were linear instead of log...
    I didn't really like the Alphas.. they are okay, but these are really solid.

3. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

Thanks, I'll try some.

Edit: I've also emailed them to see if they have the linear ones available...

4. LowBC

LowBC

Disclosures:
    Builder: www.MavourneenStrings.com
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Watch out if they are el-cheapos since there is a brand or two from China for less than $10.00 on a lot of sites, some even with free shipping.

I bought a DiMarzio 250K P/P switch - the same as you are looking for, and it is about $12.95 across the boards for availability.

[​IMG]

Check out DiMarzio's site itself and see all the great stuff they have for sale:: DiMarzio.com

Just like this one HERE: Buy DiMarzio 250K Custom Taper Split Shaft Push/Pull Pot | Potentiometers & Knobs | Musician's Friend

Beware that there are three different shaft lengths too - and some of the other pots from Stew Mac and WD have smaller soldering tabs than the DiMarzio. I suspect these are Chinese too.

There are other places that say they sell DiMarzios for $13.00 or so, and that seems to be the best prices for a good, rugged P/P pot.

AllParts has one for $6.00::: Allparts EP-0285-000 250K Guitar Push/Pull Pot DPDT Audio Taper Pot

[​IMG]

I'd worry about that one though.

7. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

Great info - thanks guys!

8. ZolkoW

ZolkoW

I'm interested too, would you share their reply?

9. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

Their answer was no - only log unfortunately.

I'm looking into some other alternatives. If I get any success I'll post back.

10. ergbass

ergbass

Alps is one of the best for sure!

11. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Do you mean APS as in AllParts?

Checking AllParts their unit is very much looking like a cheap Chinese unit and not at all like the DiMarzio.

25K Push-Pull Pot | Allparts.com

[​IMG]

Notice the small tabs and that the eyes in them are tiny? Looks inferior to me.

12. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

I gave up as I couldn't decide whether the investment in 'better' pots would be successful and I really needed my bass back in action so I've installed separate switches instead. Will bear these in mind for future though and will pick some of the more expensive ones up to experiment with.

Thanks everyone!

13. gawfshot

gawfshot

My search lead me to this thread;

A good one to purchase-

CPP250 Alpha 250K Audio Pot w/ Push-Pull Switch

GuitarElectronics.com