1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Good starter router bits..

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by LightGroove, Dec 26, 2013.

1. LightGroove

LightGroove

Greetings friends,

I was blessed over Christmas with a new VS router and a few router bits. I was gifted a 3/8 Freud roundover, a 1/2 Freud roundover, and an Amana flush trim/template bit. I wondered if there are any others that may be necessary to pick up to get started. My first project will be a rebuild on an SX bass that Ive stripped and now want to put a nice top and a new neck on. Im switching from a 4 string to a 5 string so Ill need to clean the neck pocket as well as pickup/preamp cavities.

Also is there a nice bit I can use to hog the neck down before I get to hand carving?

Thanks all
  2. Luthier Atlanta

Luthier Atlanta

3. Beej

Beej

You'll eventually need straight bits to rout for truss rod, stiffening rods, etc. 1/4" is pretty common...