Good strap for heavy bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jhan, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jhan

jhan Guest

I just recently started playing a Warwick Corvette, and am having a bit of a challenge getting used to the weight. I was wondering if anyone could recomend a good, reasonably priced strap, especially one that can help with neck dive.

Thanks.
  2. quigg

quigg

The strap sold right here in the TB store is great, I love mine and it feels great on my Warwick Infinity, which has a similar body style to the Corvette. The wide strap really helps distribute the weight more evenly across your shoulder and reduces fatigue, it also stops "neck dive". Hope this helps -Quigg
  3. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Comfort Strapp. The original ones, not the "lool-alikes".
    I have 4 of them.
    The best strap for bass IMO.
  4. Nerotic

Nerotic Guest

Go for a wide and padded strap. Like previously stated, the straps sold here on TB are killer..

And they look great too! :hyper:

\\nero
  5. Rob L

Rob L Supporting Member

I've been using a basic 3" leather strap for 20+ years. I've tried many others but come right back to a 3" plain leather strap. A good wide leather strap will help on dive issues.
  6. LAPetrarca

LAPetrarca

+1 :D
  7. Craigster

Craigster

I use a Franklin padded strap. Nice strap with quality padding surrounded by glove (that's what they say, I say soft) leather.it's 3' wide Feels GREAT! It was the only one they had at GC it was $50 but woth it if you can find one.
    I'm sure the straps here @ TB are great as well seeing they have a lot of input by us bass players and aren't some modified g-tar strap!
  8. excane

excane

9. ggunn

ggunn

I agree that wide is best, but also consider the edges. I've got a 3" wide leather strap that looks like it would be comfortable, but the edges are hard and sort of sharp, and it kills my shoulder to hang a bass from it for any length of time. Conversely, I have a 2-1/2" wide strap that has extra padding around the edges that I can use with my Bongo 5 or Epic 5 (both pretty heavy basses) for hours with no discomfort.
  10. Johnius

Johnius

I have a Corvette 5er that had some neck dive. I cured it with a wide, leather strap. All you need is something wide to distribute the weight.

And I only paid $40. $130 is a waste of money IMO.
  11. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

I use a 10.5mm (4 inches) padded leather strap that makes my L-2500 a joy to play. I would like to get my hands on one of these Comfort Strapps one day though...
  12. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I almost got a Comfort Strapp for Christmas this year. I wound up with a Comfort Strap from Levy's. The salesman assured my folks that there was no difference.
    I have a Comfort Strapp on order from Bass Emporium........
  13. RedsFan75

RedsFan75 Supporting Member

I've got a NeoTech MegaBass strap that is pretty nice.
  14. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

+1 these are the absolute best straps you can ever own. I think the Neotech straps are a close second but they're too long for me.
  15. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

On the Comfort Strapp, what kind of material goes against your shirt? Is it slippery like nylon, or "grippy" like suede?
  16. excane

excane

Don't be a wimp...

[​IMG]
  17. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

It's Neoprene, which is somewhere between the two you mentioned. It goes on easy and it's easy to adjust on your shoulder but you have to consciously be trying to move it if you want it to budge. I've spun in circles all the while waving my bass and the strap stayed where it was originally. Not the safest way to test a strap but at least it wasn't with one of my Spectors :D
  18. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX

+1, but I only have three of them.
  19. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

Wouldn't that be -1 then? LOL
  20. David Jayne

David Jayne

Me too. Liked it so much I bought 3 more, 1 for each axe. I love the fact that it has a little give to it. And it's got exactly the right amount of grip to counteract a slightly neck-divey bass. Killer quality too.