1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Good strings for drop C (CGCF) tuning ??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by xCHUBSx, Feb 11, 2014.

1. xCHUBSx

xCHUBSx

I've started playing in drop C and have been told that i need to get heavy gauge strings if im going to be playing that low

I currently use Erny Ball Cobalt's (45, 65, 80, 100)

what do you use/recommend

Thanks heaps! :bassist:

2. jonesn4bass

jonesn4bass

Recommendations of the top of my head:

DR DDT's. I use these on a couple basses and they work quite well. I was a DR Lo Rider guy before that (and still am to a degree) and the DDT's just give you a little bit nicer tension when tuning down.

Circle K's. Seriously - these aren't any more expensive than buying strings off the shelf, and you can get fully customized sets for whatever tension your comfortable playing at. If you have questions, email Skip (owner) and he'll get you setup perfectly. I went this route for my current projects tuning - A#C#G#C# - and his strings were a lifesaver!

3. Jensby design

Jensby design

Yes, lots of gauges to chose from and a great tension chart and they have drop-tuned sets.
    I buy singles because I'm a picky bastard.