1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Good transcription headsets/equalizer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by UnderDogbassist, Dec 25, 2012.

1. UnderDogbassist

UnderDogbassist

Jazz bassist here, and I'm looking to find some decent gear to use while i'm doing transcriptions of anything from basslines to sax solos to entire arrangements. My main problem is that I ususally have to do my transcriptions in my school's music mac lab, where there is often alot of talking and sometimes a combo rehearsing, so i'm thinking something noise-cancelling so I don't have to wait until 8 o'clock to start my transcriptions. I also heard that gettting some sort of parametric eq is helpful bringing the part that I want to hear, so any opinions on that would be great. any and all advice is helpful, i'm sick of using run of the mill earbuds to transcribe all my stuff. also try to keep it from breaking my wallet, I am a student.