1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Good wood filler/putty on a budget?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by capnjagg, Jan 31, 2013.

1. capnjagg

capnjagg

I bought an Epi Thunderbird used from GC a couple years ago that had a broken strap button screw stuck in it and a set of straplocks. I moved the straplock button to behind the neck, so no need to worry about this being a structural thing, but I just got around to drilling out the broken screw (I'm planning on getting rid of this thing soon, and I want it to look nice). So now I have a big sort of hole where the broken screw was, one from when I moved the straplock button, plus two more from the previous owner.

I'm trying to save up my money right now, but I can spend a little on some wood filler if it means getting top dollar for this bass. Basically, as the title says, for someone with about a $10 budget, what's my best option?
  2. RFord04

RFord04 Supporting Member

Whats wrong with good ol' elmers wood filler? Always worked well for me. You could get the smallest container they sell at Home Depot for far less than $10.
  3. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Use a dowel rod. The unused putty will harden in the container. The dowel will just live somewhere in your shop until it is needed. One dowel rod will be much cheaper than wood filler.
  4. bootsox

bootsox

+1 for dowel