TRADED Gorgeous Pavel Hadara DLX 5 Fretless - Spalted Maple, Swamp Ash, Wenge, Cocobolo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Neuroman, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Previously Stage 2 Gold Supporting Member

Price:
    2600 OBO
    Strings:
    Frets?:
    Fretless
    TRADED!

Rare 2012 Pavel Hadara DLX 5-String Fretless Bass

It is in like new condition. There are no marks or blemishes on body, neck or headstock. Very little string marking on fretboard (see close up pics). Very light use.

• 34" Scale
      • Set Neck
      • Spalted Maple Top
      • Swamp Ash Body
      • Wenge Center Body Core
      • Maple-Wenge-Maple Neck
      • Cocobolo Fingerboard (with beautiful grain)
      • Spalted Maple Pickup Covers
      • Wenge Compartment Covers
      • 24 Fret Lines
      • High Gloss Finish
      • Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      • Hipshot Bridge (17.5mm)
      • Bartolini 18V 3 Way Electronics and Pups
      • Padded Gigbag

Dial in that perfect fretless tone! Vol, pickup blend, Treble, Mid, Bass and two (2) Series - Parallel Three-Way Switches (which is a big differentiator with this bass)

The wood combination on this bass is absolutely perfect for a fretless tone. It is just as you would imagine. Very sweet, rich mwah tone with killer sustain and that Ash growl, Wenge attitude just tempered ever so much from the softer/open spalted maple top. The hard cocobolo fingerboard on the maple and wenge neck is a brilliant combo. The way those rounds sound against that cocobolo is pretty special. And you can dial in that classic Roscoe growly Mid fretless tone with the versatility provided by those switches. Buttery feel. It looks, plays and sounds absolutely gorgeous.

Pavel outdid himself on this one. The player whom had this bass custom built certainly knew what he was looking for. Unfortunately, he suffered a hand injury and can't play anymore. I bought this bass because I absolutely had to have it as soon as saw the wood combination. It sounds just as I imagined it would. So, I get to add it to my pile of now 6 awesome fretless basses. Pretty stupid on my part. TalkBass has been littered with fretless Roscoes lately so I am seeing if a unique and more rare and gorgeous Pavel might be the better bass to try to move right now.

$2,600 OBO Delivered Continental US. Trade interests include 5 string Fbass, Elrick, Zon, Benevente, Wyn, Pavel fretted, Pedulla MVP or Rob Allen fretless Deep 5 or SB2. Single cut models a plus. Pretty open,however, so let me know if you think you have something comparable.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User Supporting Member

Now THAT is some real 'eye candy'!
  3. warrior5st

warrior5st Supporting Member

4. Neuroman

Bunch of new pics!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Randy P

Randy P Supporting Member

Bump for a sweet bass, if i had the cash she would be coming to michigan, whoever scores this beauty will not be disappointed, I love my pavel
  7. Jparpino

Jparpino JP Supporting Member

Love my Pavel, if I had the scratch I would snag this up.
  8. Jeff A Jensen

Jeff A Jensen Gold Supporting Member

Wish it was fretted.......
  9. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

I just knew this would be gone by now. I love Pavel's work!
  10. scubaduba

scubaduba

11. spz8

spz8

Why do luthiers do this?! It looks like some bratty kid with a dull sharpie vandalized the instrument. :mad:

You would think a builder of an expensive, custom instrument would at least find someone with good penmanship and decent writing tools, if they want to mark up their build with date and model info.

Sorry for the rant, but that looks like s#!t!

[​IMG]
  12. Neuroman

Gee. Thanks. Really adds to the listing telling everyone you think my bass looks like s#!t. I hear you but really? Good thing you don't have an issue with the pups or something else.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  13. spz8

spz8

Really, Neuroman, you have my apology. Your bass IS gorgeous, and while I hate when builders do that kind of mark-up, my rant was a bit much looking back at it. Sorry for bringing a bad vibe. :sorry:
  14. Neuroman

15. Jparpino

Jparpino JP Supporting Member

Bump for a bass that really has me thinking of spending money I shouldn't or offering a trade that I probably shouldn't!

Just amazing.
  16. Neuroman

Trade pending

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.