Got a deal on a Samson wireless, so don't laugh, but I got a Q...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by gurensan, Oct 22, 2013.

1. gurensan

gurensan

I got a Samson CR-3X wireless reciever and a CT-3 beltpack transmitter, a SR-2 receiver with two ST-2 transmitters, a resonator from a Dobro, a Furman TX-3 crossover, a Zoom Studio 1201, a metric ton of cables with an 8-space ratfur-covered rack for $4 USD at an estate sale.

The CR-3X works and so does its transmitter, though the transmitter is beat up and needs to be transplanted into this here Ouija mints tin I've got because of someone else's shoddy repair job on it and the lack of a proper battery cover. I can fix it and make it awesome with a new-fangled jack so I can use standard patch cables and whatnot, that's no problem.

The problem is that they're channel 15 and I can't find another CT-3 on this channel on the web, nor can I find what frequency this actually is so I can get another transmitter that would work. Building a new transmitter is so far above my pay grade that I can't even see it from here.

Anyone got any possible ideas, aside from buying a new system? At $4 and 15 minutes invested so far, I'm pretty far ahead as it is so I wouldn't feel bad about buying a second transmitter... if I could find one!

2. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

There's a pretty good chance that its frequency is no longer available. About 5 years ago the FCC reallocated the radio spectrum and made a whole bunch of wireless systems obsolete. I had two expensive Sennheisers that went into the trash. :(

So you may be SOL. Sorry.

3. gurensan

gurensan

It's a VHF, so it should still be legal, if what I read is correct. I understand they tore up UHF stuff pretty bad though. I found a frequency FAQ that had the range of these Samson units still allocated to wireless. Whether it's up to date, I have no idea.

4. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Just checked my old one I haven't used in a decade or so.... CH.13!!! Sorry.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gurensan

gurensan

Lol thx

7. Relsom

Relsom

I was just looking to see if mine was banned. Doesn't look like VHF was affected. I've got Ch 7 BTW.

8. gurensan

gurensan

That's what I found. Yet, no one uses these anymore that I've seen recently. Would there be a reason (besides "ewWWw it's OLD!", haha)

9. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

For me the sound wasn't full range as today's digital versions. Back then that was what we had at a reasonable price So that's just what I used but compared to my new Shure system with integrated pedal tuner and Lithium Ion rechargeable battery... It doesn't hold up, for either performance or convienence.

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Look at it this way............was only $4! That thing is obsolete.

11. mbelue

mbelue

I've got aTV remote in great condition, only $4. If you can find the set that goes with it you have a real bargain on your hands...

12. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

I got both the remotes (3 of 'em) and a Toshiba 28". Mrs. Jenkins (neighbor across the street) was put into a nursing home by her kids. While cleaning out the house, they put everything out on the street. There's something to be said for the Saturday morning curb-crawl.

I would rather have found a G50 wireless.

Riis