1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Got Back My Jag!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fair Warning, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods! Supporting Member

I've been missing my Jaguar Deluxe for more than a year now. I traded it for a passive Jazz that I can never get to sound as thick nad punchy. Found a Black on Black locally and I found it to be clean and functional enough, so I now have that thick punchy sound back in my arsonal. Fender never seems to get any praise for the active basses they make. I find their active basses to be a great tool in my sound bag of tricks. Of course with a Japanese Jaguar the first thing was to do a copper shielding job on it, which I did, fresh set of strings, and clean up. What a beast this bass is.

This is the 2nd shielding job that I have done on Jaguars now, and it really does the trick to take that buzz out of the mix. Also, I love the unique bass and treble active dials on the top horn. So easy to make tone adjustments on the fly.

2. svtcobraboy81

svtcobraboy81

Lately I've been missing my Jag. Not in the market for one...yet.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Fender gets no praise for their active basses because IMHO all but the Jag's system sucks. The Jag is nice, though...congratulations!

4. theNecatoR

theNecatoR

As the (semi) official Jaguar spokesman here, I am glad you got back on the Jagtrain!
    Congratulations, mate!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bunkmunk

bunkmunk Supporting Member

I've had my Jaguar for two years now and it seems as if that honeymoon phase is just never gonna go away. It's easily my most favorite bass I've owned and I love it more each time I play it. Congrats on scoring another Jag. I know I'd regret it every day if I had to sell mine.