1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Got new Camera Nikon L820 Need Memory card

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Metalbasspro, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Got a new Camera. Took video at band practice. It was short! I don't have a memory card. Want to get one that can take at least an hour of video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Rm9MjJPzo

At least I managed to up load it. Can anyone recommend a Memory card, where to get it and not get ripped off. I have no idea what they even run.

2. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Is it an SD style card? If so they are available just about everywhere and are so cheap now. You can get them at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. Try to stick with a good name brand like Sandisk or Transcend. Walmart has an 8 gig Sandisk for under $7 right now!

3. Toptube

Toptube

I recommend a class "10" card. They are rated for much higher data rates. So your camera won't bog down during rapid fire shooting at full quality/resolution or HD video recording.

4. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Oh good to know I will see Wal mart about one Sunday. I thought it was one of those deals where thou grey a good deal on the camera and they rape you on the cards.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bobicidal

bobicidal Supporting Member

Get a good card like sandisk extreme if your recordings are important. Class 10 may be overkill for that camera but it will download to computer faster ( I looked at the user manual and it did not specify minimum speed like some pro video cams will)

7. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

I don't know if the will be important. I plan to load them on the net then delete.

Did not see this post before I left and picked up a 16GB via the PNY brand and two 2 GB cards for smaller projects like a bass cover on youtube.

8. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

9. themaestro78

themaestro78

just make sure the camera will recognize the size of the card. some have a max