1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Gotoh 201 on a Bronco

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ejaggers, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

I’m modding a Bronco, and don’t ordinarily change the bridge on my mods. But the two saddle bridge isn’t working for me because of the inherent intonation problem.

I got a sweet deal on a Gotoh 201, which I had planned to put on my Tricked Out Squier P.
    But what would happen if I put it on my Bronco? I know the string spacing is 17mm on the pony
    and I believe the 201 is 19mm.

I will use this SQ MM 4 saddle bridge if the 201 is a bad idea:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bridge_genuinefender.htm

2. tabdog

tabdog

You are better off with the stock bridge than
    the wider spacing.

Tabdog
  3. Bobster

Bobster

4. ejaggers

Bobster, Thanks for the info. How about the action? Can you get it low enough with the 201?
  5. Bobster

Bobster

To answer your question, yes. It can get low enough. My action is actually really good.

But what I don't remember, is if I shimmed the neck or not. I'm pretty certain I put about a 1/2" wide strip of business card at the end of the pocket toward the bridge, I don't have a problem with shimming the neck (if it's okay from the factory, it's okay with me).

All the best,

Bob
  6. ejaggers

I put the Gotoh on my Tricked Out Squier. I haven't modded it in a while. I bought a MusicMaster Replacement bridge but didn't find out it's a string through until it arrived.
    I’ve had record setbacks trying to get this project done.
  7. mrbell321

mrbell321

I put a MusicMaster 4-saddle bridge on mine. Same spacing, just 4 saddles.