1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Gotta Board My FX

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheEmptyCell, Jan 25, 2014.

1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Supporting Member

I'm slowly building up my 'board', but don't have a board yet. I'm currently moving around a handful (3-5) pedals running of 9V batteries every time I practice with the band.

I don't plan on going crazy with more than this: Bass Big Muff, Boss OC-2 MIJ, custom boost/ drive, compressor [don't have one yet], tuner [nano], and at some point, a volume pedal.

So, I don't need a huge board, or a massive power supply. I used to use a Godlyke daisy chain when I had a completely different pedal setup, but now I'm seeing that those can cause ground loops. Plus, I can't find all the adapters for that.

The cheaper, the better, but I'm willing to spend what I have to, since these are meant to be stomped on and kicked around on stage.

It looks like the Pedaltrain Jr. could hold a couple pedals more than I plan on acquiring. What other brands should I be looking at? At the moment, being in school part-time, working full-time, and playing in a band (and being married, with a bunch of cats, too) I simply don't have time to build my own board.

Also, what is the best power supply for my money?

Thanks TB!
  2. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

Gator just released info on their new light weight aluminum boards. It's worth checking out as well. (Winter NAMM, can't find the link)

From my stand point, go bigger than what you need. I bought a mini thinking it would be enough. By the time I picked up a DI and a few more pedals, the mini didn't work for me anymore, and just upgraded to a pedaltrain 1.
  3. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

the cheapest and easiest thing to do is to lay your pedals out they way you want them arranged....measure......then buy a piece of cabinet grade plywood...spray paint black...add a couple of handles to either side...velcro your pedals down

Simple...easy...effective....cheap!!!

or you can go the pre-made route which is usually more expensive and you must conform to an established pre-made size...

if you want to go pre-made and don't have a lot of scratch try one of these..

My guitard player purchased one of these...and i was pleasantly surprised at how nice it actually was!!!! ...Angled board is included and the case is quite sturdy too!!

http://www.rondomusic.com/PDC6100G.HTML
  4. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

going to assume you mean these!

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16108-2193/gpb-lak-1
  5. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets Supporting Member

6. TRyan5289

TRyan5289