Gov't Mule - Spanish Moon

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by pmatz2, Jan 3, 2014.

1. pmatz2

pmatz2

Took a stab this tonight

[​IMG]

As usual any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

2. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Good work. The one thing that jumps out at me is the rhythmic phrasing of bars 3, 5, 7, 9 etc.
    After the quarter note, I'd write it as 4 16ths with the last 16th tied to an 8th note followed by another 8th then beat four is a dotted 8th note rest with a 16th note pickup ending the bar.

3. pmatz2

pmatz2

Thanks changes made. I appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

[​IMG]

4. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Sweet! Just 17 minutes or so left to transcribe ;) There's some cool variations in the line but the groove pretty much chugs along the same central theme. Maybe check out some of what Bootsy did with James Brown. Or take a whack at "Thorazine Shuffle", that one has some tricky rhythms too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pmatz2

pmatz2

I'll probably add a few more variations over time. I always wanted to play Spanish Moon but never got around to learning it. I've tabbed out Thorazine, Lay your burden down and beautifully broken. I just haven't done a transcription on them. I agree that Thorazine would be a good one to work on my musical notation skills. I think my next transcription is their version of the Beatles she said she said of off the Dose Album. Since I',m not in a band right now, I'm just learning songs that I've always wanted to play but will probably never get a chance to play in band.

7. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Right on. Either way, it's good practice and the more you do it the better your ear will get, which can only help in any musical situation. Scribe' on!

8. pmatz2

pmatz2

all my remote images were accidentally deleted so I'm uploading a pdf of the last version

Attached Files: