Great Bergantino review - HD210 and CN212

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Quackhead, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Quackhead

Quackhead

To me, this review pretty much nails the difference between Jim's neo and ceramic line. And the audio quality is good. I can hear a definite difference between the cabinets even through my old Altec Lansing PC speakers.

Despite Ken's assertion that the HT210 was the worst Bergantino ever :bag:, I think the HD210 still retains a lot of the tonal profile of that first 210 in the line. It's full and deep with some throaty mids and crisp and clean highs.

The CN212, while intriguing for its weight, just doesn't have that sweetness in the high mids and highs for me. It is a little dry and airy. And it seems to lack some fullness in the low end.

I think I just found my new cabinet. The HD210. :bassist:

2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

That was a great demo.. I've found through my years here on TalkBass and all the gear I've tried there are some people who I use for references when ordering new gear... We all have different experiences and needs with gear and sometimes hear things differently, but after awhile you start to figure out who has the same or similar tonal experiences and goals as you.. I liked the CN-112, but I agree with you on the fullness aspect... Great little cab and I loved the weight....

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Gnarsty bass tones Supporting Member

Hold on, I loved the old HT cabs... oh wait, you're referring to a different Ken. :p

Cool review. If something happened to my HS210 stack I would probably look into the HD cabs, and I'd like to try the CN212 regardless, but I'm good for now.

4. IanA

IanA Supporting Member

I have owned and gigged the HD210, it is a great little cab with surprising depth and output for a small box. Cn212 interests me for the weight factor, 5 kg saving over my AE212 would be usefull!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

This is one of the better reviews I've seen. Solid, meat and potatoes kind of playing that clearly demonstrates what the cabs sound like. Not alot of slappity, crappity noises with no actual notes. I actually prefered the cn212 in this one. Great job!