1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Great deal on a Genz Benz Contour 500

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by OkieDownLow, Sep 19, 2013.

1. OkieDownLow

OkieDownLow

Just got my Genz Benz Contour 500 115T and I'm really, really pleased. This thing sounds killer and I got it for $390 shipped. Did a Buy It Now on Monday and got it today. I can't explain the low price. I suspect it is a B stock or new return, but it came in the original box wrapped in plastic with the manual and all that stuff. It did not look like it had ever been opened. I can't find a thing wrong with it. If you are in the market you might check out this auction:
    Genz Benz Contour 500 115T

Mine shows a manufacture date of April 2012, but a shipping label on the box shows it was shipped from GB to the seller in August 2013. They claim to be an authorized GB dealer. Will report back if I run into any registration issues.
  2. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    Great Combo.. I had the 210 version for eval for a while.. It sounds great and it is lightweight
  3. OkieDownLow

OkieDownLow

They have the 210 for the same price if anybody is looking for that one. I'm blown away by the power for its size. The (perceived) volume defies its wattage rating. The EQ is awesome but I keep finding myself putting it back flat. You'd have to try really hard to sound bad through this amp.
  4. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

The ad says brand new, never opened. Not "B" stock.
    They also have the 1x15" ext cab for $225 w/free shipping. Very tempting!
  5. OkieDownLow

OkieDownLow

I know. It's weird. The same store has another auction for the Contour at a higher price. I think there is another seller with the 1x15" extension for $199 shipped. That's a lot of amp for under $600 with a 3 year warranty.
  6. johnpbass

johnpbass

Congrats on the new amp.
    A LOT of great prices on Genz gear right now. I'd be buying myself if I was in the market for a head or cab.
  7. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Now is the time to buy Genz Benz. It isn't official but all signs point to the end of Genz Benz as we know it. Their parent company (Kaman Music) was bought buy Fender. The rumor is there will be something coming from the guys behind Genz and Fender. Not sure when we'll see it, but until then, great deals on fabulous Genz Benz gear.
  8. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

I play mostly Genz gear and I just picked up a contour 500 with the 210 extension cab... it hasn't shipped yet but I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. My main rig is a GB750 atop a Bergantino NV610... I've been thinking about selling the Berg to get a couple Uber quads while the price is right...
  9. djaydjay

djaydjay

wow that's nice! I was thinking about changing my amp, I will try to order one!

I would have prefered to go through a europe-based shop, but I had a hard time finding one that sells genz benz.
    https://www.andrewsmusic.net/shoppi...IFER-AMP-500-WATTS-1-X-15"-w{47}-TWEETER.html
    It's the 1st time I see that shop (andrewsmusic), do any of you have infos about it's realiability for international shipping? (to europe)
  10. Eatapeach1965

Eatapeach1965

Re:Andrews Music
    I don't know about international shipping,but they take the order and GB does the shipping,drop shipped..
    I'm waiting on a the 15" combo.
    Can't wait!!
  11. Icculus

Icculus

Anyone here get the extension cab from Andrews? Mine says 200W @ 8 ohms on it, but everywhere else I've looked says 300W. Trying to figure out if this is just a typo or not ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388278236.276005.jpg
  12. Mechanical

Mechanical

China? I thought these were made in Taiwan?