1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Great Show

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by Bob Lo, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Bob Lo

Bob Lo Supporting Member

Anthony,we caught your show last night at Buffalo State.Incredible to see four of the best Bassists in the world on stage,together, between two great drummers.Its a show I'll never forget.You guys seem to have so much fun.Jimmy Herring's band jamming with you at the end was too much.I had the pleasure to talk to Jimmy and Matt at the end of the show and they were still laughing.Thank You for the inspiration.How much of a role do personalities play into your decision to tour with a band like Vic's.It seems like everybody is having such a good time.Thanks again, Bob Lo

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Hey Bob,

Thanks for coming out! We had too much fun! I can't believe that in getting paid for that! I should be giving Victor money!!!

Personalities play a huge part. Victor will only hire people he likes being around. He doesn't even mind them 'learning on the job'. He knows that we all have to love and respect each other first.

peace,
    anthony

3. Cookye

Cookye

I was greatly disappointed with the cancellation of the November 15th show. Purchased tickets back in August....Ahhhhh well. Maybe the show will make it's way back out to this area?!!

4. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Hey Cookye,

We had nothing to go with that. We thought it was storm related.

peace,
    anthony

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Cookye

Cookye

In a way......FEMA took over part of the facility and M.T. Heads cancelled the show to play it safe.

7. BuffaloBass

BuffaloBass Supporting Member

Buffalo isnt that far away, and it was a knock out show! ( dont tell the rest of the country but we have AWESOME weather in Buffalo).

Sorry I missed ya afterwards Ant, but I had been up since 0400 and wasnt much of a conversationalist at midnite.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to You and the Gang!