Great XMAS present from PEAVEY

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jeff7bass, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Sorry Jeff but I don't see it as such.
  3. Russell L

Russell L

The link drove my computer haywire. Ya'll be careful.
  4. BassmanPaul

You got a Windows machine don'tcha? :D

Worked fine on my Mac - there again everything does! :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Russell L

Russell L

Yeah, Windows, my work computer. Sometimes it's weird. Anyway, it won't go to it anymore.
  7. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Link works fine on my phone.

As for the amp....meh...no ext. Speaker capabilities that I see., but hey, at least they put the top mount controls on the front.

I suppose with a cord and pair of headphones, it's a decent deal.
  8. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
  9. Mehve

Mehve

Uh, in the descriptions below, their own "Sells Seperately for.." claims for each component don't even add up to the claimed regular price. And the amp's "sale" price is pretty much the going rate elsewhere. For xmas, this isn't coal in the stocking, but it may possibly be fruitcake.

I guess if you're in the market for the amp, and don't have any headphones or patch cables?
  10. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Disclosures:
    MI Amp Engineer: Peavey Electronics
    The better deal that's out there for x-mas is the buy a TNT and get a free bass.
  11. BassmanPaul

Agreed Bobby, but can you then return the amp and keep the bass???? :D
  12. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Tough crowd. It's a 300w amp that sells for 300 bucks, which already makes it near best in class. For 20 extra bucks you get headphones and a 20 foot chord. Not everybody can afford a Glock into a fEARful ya bunch of gear snobs!! :spit:

Features;
    -------------------------------------
    300 Watts of power that includes DDT™ speaker protection and a 15 inch heavy-duty woofer. Another Peavey exclusive is the patented TransTube® circuitry that offers you a gain boost feature that automatically turns off the tweeter for a more authentic classic overdrive sound. The EQ section includes a 3 band EQ and buttons for Punch, Mid-shift and Bright. The Max 115 also includes a unique psycho-acoustic low end enhancement that adds low end without taxing the speaker. Rounding out the features are a built-in chromatic tuner, XLR direct output with ground lift and 1/8" jacks for phones output and aux input.

:D
  13. seamonkey

seamonkey

14. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Ya got a good point there. :p

Too bad it doesn't have an ext. jack you can stack another 15 with it and turn it into a stack. That's what every combo needs.

Still though. 300 watts is enough for any sane person to gig with. A single 15 might not be....but 2 would.:D
  15. sanderic

sanderic

Saw this amp at GC last night, $399.00. Right next to the GK MB115 for $399.00. Neither amp has extension speaker.
    The GK weighs 35 lbs, the Peavey is 50lbs. The GK is 200 watts, the Peavey is 300 with the DDT compression. The Peavey also has a built in tuner.
    I was not able to test the amp. I have played the GK and love its sound. At the same price point of $399, it will be tough to beat the GK, but $320 might be a great deal for a small combo.
    At $399, I see it as a hard sell against the GK when the MB is 15 lbs lighter.
    Once again, I didn't play through the Peavey. I was sure hoping that someone who has, will chime in.
  16. mbelue

mbelue

True but the GK you can get the MBP powered speakers for. Peavey as much as I love them, have been out of touch lately in the bass world.
  17. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Disclosures:
    MI Amp Engineer: Peavey Electronics
    It's available elsewhere for $299.

Seeing how it's $100 cheaper and it was designed to project better live in a mix and has more features, I think it will do alright. I had the MB115, I'm a gigging bassist and I thought it was bedroom tone city.

We just put out a combo that can hold up to ANY combo performance wise and it's available for 300 bucks at a time when people don't have a whole lot of money to spend. Out of touch with what's popular with the small percentage of bassists here on TB? Probably. This line of amps will serve thousands of bass players well worldwide. Actually, it already has because we can't keep 'em in stock.

The TB crowd will most likely dig on the 112 if they dare to compare so to speak.:bassist:
  18. mbelue

mbelue

I guess I did make a generalization about the ENTIRE bass line in a thread about one particular combo.
    The combos are all budget products. It'd be nice to see more bass products available for bassists who don't live with their parents.
    I'll make a new thread to pose my questions about Peavey's interest in bassist's as customers. Thanks for chiming in though, any manufacturer participation is appreciated.
  19. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Ya, I'd say Peavey is plenty "in touch". I could see this thing as being an affordable starter amp that can take someone up to the small gig level without having to upgrade the instant they come in contact with a drummer.

The only thing I don't get, or see as real value added is the use of an 8ohm internal speaker and the ability to chain along another. I gig with 200-300 watts and a pair of 12's all the time. Any damn louder than that and it's PA time.

Psst......don't tell people their Genz and Markbass combos are "Mom's house" amps.:smug:
  20. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Looking at the link again, it is a little weird. The individual prices add up to $327.97, so the discount is only about $8. Basically throwing in 1/2 a headphone.

Looking closer, it is cool how the gain control automatically kills the tweeter for overdrive tone....now that's thinking.
  21. Sartori

Sartori

Would be cool if it had an external speaker output jack. Not in the market for a combo right now anyway, but if I was, I would want the option of hooking it up to another cab.