1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Greetings! A little bit about myself...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Donavan, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Donavan

Donavan

My name is Donavan, I'm 18(not that it really matters or anything...) I've been playing bass since I was 14, my favorite bands/singers are Rush, The Beatles, Cream, etc. I can play alot of different songs.... I mostly do rush covers(tom saywer, fly by night, closer to the heart, red barchetta, learning subdivisions..., a little bit of Freewill) I'm mostly ear trained on all of my instruments but I do refer to tabs once every great moon. I also play keyboard/piano. I have a new s101 P/J bass in sunburst coming in the mail pretty soon! I definitely will be using those infamous ashtray covers! Not sure if I'll use just the lone bridge cover( I'll be using the Fender "F" jazz bass bridge cover) plus a p bass cover to fit over, I'm thinking I'll leave the P pickup open and exposed and leave the jazz pickup and bridge covered. I'll be playing it through a small beringher combo amp(hopefully I can get some kind of cabinet stack soon) I can't wait! I prefer passive pickups over active, I like bright tones(so Jazz bass is my general choice) I love the grunge the ric's produce, I used to own a 2002(maybe it was 2006) Rickenbacker 4003 in fireglo(really wanting to get another one, that bass is definitely the sound/I like! I prefer roundwounds to flatwounds. I also do some slap and pop and I'm trying daily to come up with my own original content. Looking forward to meeting you all! Greetings from WI.

2. mexMan

mexMan

Welcome bro! Nice to meet a fellow bass player! You've got some great taste in music, and instruments! I'm new in here too, but welcome anyway!