Greetings from charleston, South Carolina!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Matt285, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Matt285

Matt285

How's it hangin guys? I know this account has been active for a while but unfortunately I haven't had enough free time to make a post (that I recall anyhow) anyways, I was just getting into bass when I got hauled to boot camp for a few months and now that that's done and over I plan on getting right back into it! I'm originally from so cal and 21 years old but now I'm stationed here in sc! If you would like to know anything else about me just let me know! I'm kind of a talker so anyone who enjoys small talk or just shootin the breeze I'll get along with just fine haha! Seems like a wonderful community that I'm going to have a pleasure growing through and glad I finally got my first post in haha! Have a good one!

2. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Dude, welcome! What branch of the service?

What gear/music do you play? Your profile doesn't say. They have some great venues and festivals in Charleston, depending on your genre.

- Jeff

3. Matt285

Matt285

Thanks dude! I'm in the navy haha and unfortunately I don't know how to edit my profile on this app, I have nothing special since I was just a beginner, I have a small little 15 watt fender amp, a ampeg combo amp (ba210sp if I recall correctly) and a spector 4 string of some sort haha idk the model I think it's a legend it's all stuck in Cali though. My favorite genres are metal jazz and classical which is hard cause it's so hard for me to play my favorite bands haha but so far I've just done simple stuff, I can do a few beatles songs a sublime song, cake, sabbath, etc. I'm going to try to focus on theory a little more when I start up again. I'm still getting used to the
    Area but it seems nice so far, mtg tournaments at green dragon and great novels at booksamillion have been my favorite pastimes so far (I'm boring I know) haha. Where would I go to find local events?