1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by fourty4mag, Aug 12, 2013.

1. fourty4mag

fourty4mag

Like crazysooner, I'm new to the bass. New to musical instruments in fact. I've been interested in picking up some sort of instrument to be able to play with friends and as a creative outlet (along with my photography). I tell everybody it's my midlife crisis (I started lessons about 6 months ago at 56), but it's cheaper than a Corvette! (Actually, the jury is still out on that one. I'm already looking to buy a second bass....)

2. crazysooner

crazysooner

I'm interested in equipment upgrades as well. Tough for someone that knows as much as we do huh?
    Would love a bass that is custom made. Like Michael Anthony, I have small hands (recall he had one custom made for that reason).
    I am 47 -retired, and my child-rearing days are coming to an end. Now it's all about my motorcycle, sex, and rock and roll.