1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by SickOne, Nov 1, 2013.

1. SickOne

SickOne

I've been coming to this forum a lot to read about things just finally decided to join it. I'm still rather new to bass guitars, I got a bass when I was 15 and I just used it as a conversation piece never really learning how to play it.. When I turned 17 my friends started a band and asked me to be the bassist since I had a bass, well crap I had to learn how to play it huh?

Now I'm 19 and have 2 years of experience in playing shows and bars, of course after the show at the bars are done I have to leave immediately. But my biggest show had to be when we played in the new daisy theatre in Memphis. Huge turn out and I had fun.

Currently I play thunderbirds through ampegs, I have yet to find a bass that can beat a thunderbird on output. However my reach on bass guitars has been limited, I've only touched epiphone, ibanez and washburn. I can't really get a hold of anything else where I live.

Anyways, I play hard rock, punk, thrash metal and regular metal. Still trying to find a bass that suits me, but so far it seems it's going to be a thunderbird for a while.

And the band I'm in now plays sort of like AC/DC and Motley Crüe thrown together. And my friends call me 'sick' because my first day on an old job working on unloading trucks with no AC in the middle of July in like 112 degree Fahrenheit weather I started throwing up a lot. Not every nickname has awesome story...

2. LordDog

LordDog

Hi SickOne, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have been busy since you decided to play for real. I play a Fender Jazz, but have often been seen looking longingly at Thunderbirds; they look so cool :)

Hope you get all the answers that you need here on TalkBass, and that you've found a job where you can stay cool in the shade ;)