1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

grit...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by dremy2006, Nov 16, 2012.

1. dremy2006

dremy2006

Good day..... I'm finishing a bass with wipe-on ploy and want to know, would the 320 grit sponge from HD be to "heavy"? I fine that the sponges are not as course as the paper... any suggestions would be great..

Have a on top day, and a over the top weekend...
  2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Disclosures:
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    For finishing, I tend to look for a grit that's a bit higher, 400b and up for example with a wipe on poly.
  3. dremy2006

dremy2006

Thanks... well I do have a worn 320 grit foam pad.... I'm going to try it on the control cavity cover... see how that works out...
  4. Musiclogic

Musiclogic

Disclosures:
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Yeah, with a wipe on I would go 400 or 600 to get the nap low enough that it wont fuzzy. Even Maple fuzzes a touch with wipe ons