1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Grossed out by Hefner

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AudioDwebe, Jan 2, 2013.

1. AudioDwebe

AudioDwebe Supporting Member

Just read that Hugh Hefner (86) married a playmate (26). This grosses me out tremendously.

Personally (since turning 36), I've lived by the motto of half my age to my own age. Looking back, though (now 47), I had no reason spending any time with an 18 year old. I mean, damn, how sick was I?

But a 26 year old when one is 86? That's just nauseating.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

2 people legally get involved with each other and find their own benefits from it, what's nauseating about it and why does it matter to you?
    I have my own set of rules but wouldn't judge others through it. Live and let live, you know?

3. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Its about the $$$ ...IMO

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

It's Hefner... What did you expect :p

As for the age talk,

I'm 20 and I dislike going out with anybody younger. It has nothing to do with age but rather the differences. Often somebody at 18 just finished high school isn't sure what's she's going to do with her life, where she'll study etc. I don't want to be part of those decision/discussion again. And anyways, their freshman year is something best lived single. So I keep distances.

And there's the fact (and I mean no disrespect here) that a 18 years old often just has not much to say... Experience also tells I tend to get along better with older girls (not old old, about 1-3 years older)

However, I suspect on the other hand that while at my age a few years makes a lot of difference that it's less the case when one gets older.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yeah. it's got creepy written all over it but that 26 year old thang has got some grand-daddy issues or something too.

If she's expecting a deathbed will-change? Er...NOT!

8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

I'm not going to say it's "gross" because I'm sure the thought of me sleeping with anyone is pretty gross too :) But I do have high doubts that they love each other. I think that Hugh is probably lonely despite being surrounded by so many because he has probably been used for his money all of his life. His wife MAY love him..there is no reason why a 26 year old can't find something truly beautiful in an 86 year old, but I don't doubt that money probably has SOMETHING to do with it. She did break it off previously (on the day of the wedding I think) so it means she probably isn't completely in this.

9. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Cool Story Bro.

10. Mike M.

Mike M.

I'm 59 and there's no way I would try to get intimately involved with a 26 year old....or even a 36 year old. I'd feel like I was being an old fool if I even tried. Hell, I can't even phathom the idea of being just friends with a 26 year od woman. For me it just seems so out of place.

YMMV.

11. Jack

Jack

I truly hope that were I 86 and single, I could get a 26 year old girl. :D

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

+1

13. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dude, there's nothing there. No creepy grandpa issues, no creepy whatever issues. Plain and simple. It's a $$$ issue. You think this would have happened if Hef was living month to month off social security? Hell no! This girl is nothing but a gold digger. The same kind of generic gold digger you see everywhere she just got a bigger nugget...

14. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Supporting Member

If you happen to know how the PB corporation works (I had an in awhile back)...you get a certain stipend if you are a playmate, another if you live in the house, a big bump if you are a named "girlfriend" and the biggest if you get married.

This is all about publicity for the Playboy name, proving that Hef is still alive and securing her financial future, not much else. Guess who gets a piece of the action when wifey gets her own reality show on "E"? Magazine sales aren't exactly what they used to be, but branding of PB is huge.

15. armywalaby

armywalaby

He did it so he could google his name and see how many people are talking about it.

16. hover

hover

What's funnier is to think Hugh is actually deluded and thinks it's actually about anything other than the $$$. Or that it never occurred to him or his many handlers and advisors to protect his assets going into it...I mean, come on. He just wants the companionship and the soundbites and media mentions. You're not helping. He knows he can't take $$$$ it with him, I don't see the harm...he knows what's up and what it'll cost him already. I'm sure the contract was written up that when the marriage goes "south", she gets _X__ and not a cent more. And she advances her career from it, and Hugh gets another HPOA moving forward. Not like there's a shortage of playmates. The norm @ Hollywood these days is that marriage is a sham anyway.

17. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Two people that are mature enough to make their own decisions got married. How disgusting.

18. bassteban

bassteban

Marriage: A potentially wonderful thing
    Marriage between people of HUGELY differing ages: None of my business
    Hef: Always a bit creepy, and this coming from an avowed dirty old man

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Naw. I'd love to see the pre-nup.

20. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Heh, in 10 years I'll be 59 and my fiancee will be 36.;) If two people are both of legal age, have a healthy relationship and are mature enough to understand what they're getting into, more power to'em in my book.

But the Hef thing does appear to be about something else--a combo of publicity and money, I'd guess.

21. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

....finally, some truth :D