1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GruvGear GigBlade early bird

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Burwabit, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

2. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

I thought it was a cool idea. But for me, I wear my gigbag instead of carrying a sturdier case so that I can push my cab in front of me and/or carry my amp head or pedals at the same time with my hands, which seems like it would not be possible having something dangling off my shoulder. But for the folks that don't try to do the one-trip load in like me, I think these look very cool :)

3. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Very cool, I really like this!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rockinb

rockinb

Awesome. Just pledged to get one of the bass gigblades. Thanks for posting!!!

7. rockinb

rockinb

Check out the kickstarter page. You can side sling, cross sling (like a backpack with one strap) or quiver sling the gigblade. Check out the info at the bottom of the kickstarter page that shows all the options.

8. Hotblack

Early Bird is gone. You can still get the discount of $155.

9. ScottG

ScottG

I got the last Early Bird and I couldn't be more excited. Can't wait for it to get here in June! :hyper:

10. MingusBass

MingusBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    I purchased one of the early bird Bass bags. I'm perfectly happy with the other gig bags I have but I like GruvGear as a company and wanted to support them. I think the idea is interesting. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

11. bkbirge

bkbirge

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Cool idea, weird that such an established company is crowdfunding it. Kind of speaks to lack of confidence in their ability to deliver or understand their market.

12. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

No room for a micro and its the size of a hard case? Pass.

13. namuxtree

namuxtree Supporting Member

it can fit a 15 inch laptop, so I'm sure a micro shouldn't be a problem

14. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

they added a new option to the Kickstarter. you can now get it with a weather cover slip for $140 as an early bird. so it's $125 for bag itself and $140 with the rain slip.

there are more $125 early birds available since they let people migrate to the $140 option.

15. MingusBass

MingusBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    If we make it to $45,000 they are adding a second color that the backers will be able to vote on.

16. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

The headstock not being above my head would be huge but I don't see any pics or vids with him carrying stuff while using it. What's it like to carry an Aguilar 12 cab in front with both hands while that is strapped to your side??

Also, that you need to purchase an extra weather slip makes me wary of it's build quality(?)

17. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

It looks like it hangs really low, so walking with it strapped to your back might be a PITA with it bouncing on your butt.

I'm not a fan of the separate weather cover either.

I'll pass

18. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

I don't see where it says 15" laptop. Even still, that won't accommodate every micro. Even an MB200 might be too tall.

19. Hotblack

I was curious about the build quality as well, so I sent an email off to Gruv Gear which was answered pretty quickly.

They are using 840D nylon for the exterior. While it is water repellant, it can still soak water. (I believe that is just par for the course with nylon.) Zippers are high-quality, ample zinc content for strength, and finished in gun metal.

20. Greg_S

Greg_S I F*@%!#G HATE PACKING PEANUTS! Gold Supporting Member

I saw these first hand at NAMM 2014 in Anaheim and I can tell you they're very well made, as you would expect from Gruv Gear. I wanted to get one on the spot! They told me about the Kickstarter plan to launch them and came back two days later to find a tablet at their booth taking early bird registrations.

For what its worth, I thought they looked great, were well built and could accommodate just about any bass, save for a wide body semi-hollow.

21. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

I spoke to Jay from Gruv Gear and he said they will come out with a dual gigblade bag.