GT-10BFxFloorBoard patch editor for the BOSS GT10B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gumtownbassman, Jul 14, 2009.

1. gumtownbassman

gumtownbassman Supporting Member

A graphical patch editor for the BOSS GT10B Bass effects processor is free and available for download
    http://gtx.tinfoilmusic.net
    there are editors for the whole BOSS GT COSM range
    GT3, GT6, GT6B, GT8, GTPro, GT10, and GT10B
    with versions for Windows, Mac OsX and Linux.
    [​IMG]

It is also an opensource project, so you can get the source code or join in the project
  2. megadan

megadan

Very cool. I don't use one but open source software always gets the thumbs up from me :hyper:
  3. Rowka

Rowka

Got it.
    Use it.
    Love it.

Thanks!
  4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Subscribed. Looks cool.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TheMutt

TheMutt

Disclosures:
    Operations and Warehouse, Guitar Center Rancho Cucamonga
    Nice! Now if only there were an opensource project for the DigiTech GNX-4. Those ^@#$!&%* at DigiTech have been promising a release of their programing software for OS X for at least three years now... :mad:
  7. gumtownbassman

New features have been added to the free FxFloorBoard editor.
    Now does Bulk patch backups/restore, saves loads in many different formats such as SMF (*.mid), System exclusive (*.syx) and Boss Librarian (*.gxb *.gxg) formats.
    Also added a 5 way clipBoard for temporary transfering of 5 patches, and partial effect pasting, so you can extract a single effect block from a patch and paste it to another.:hyper:
  8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

9. gumtownbassman

The GT-10B does support Audio and Midi on theUSB, but the problem being there is currently no Linux ALSA driver support (AFAIK) for the midi.
    These products will do the job, as long as they are supported by Linux.
    I know a lot of the legacy Roland/Edirol stuff is supported.
  10. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Cool. Thats all I really needed to know.
  11. Rodders

Rodders

Have downloaded this and very keen to use it but i`m a beginner at using this type of software and scared incase I lose anything already stored on my Gt-10b! Any tips on how to use it?
  12. Rodders

Rodders

It is also an opensource project, so you can get the source code or join in the project

Sorry for my ignorance but what does this mean?
  13. gumtownbassman

You don't have to worry about "wiping off" your GT-10B patches, there is a write confirmation dialog screen you have to pass/accept before a patch can be over written.:smug:

It is a good idea to make a Bulk backup of all your user patches any way, and on a regular basis. If your GT-10B got stolen or it broke:crying:, you can upload all your patches into another one:hyper:

Being an 'opensource' project means the computer code used to make the software is available for use or modification, if you have an understanding of C++ programming.
  14. gumtownbassman

I am also on the lookout for any custom made User GT-10B patches, :ninja:
    so i can add them to the next update release.
    Was kind of hoping to get some from users of the editor,
    i spent 1000's of hours programmming and testing it,:atoz:
    making it free for all to use in the hope that i might get some user patches in return.:smug:

So far 50,000 downloads of the editor and not a single patch sent to me yet to include (or a single $1 donation for the 10B version):bawl:

so come on, there must be at least 1 patch that you are willing to share?:bassist:
  15. Rowka

Rowka

sorry, man. You're right. Just sent you some cashola for the 10B (I don't know if it says 10B, buy you'll know...)
  16. Oneirogenic

Oneirogenic

Normally I don't like multi effects processors but the advances in what they are capable of makes them more desirable everyday...
  17. gumtownbassman

Cheers :D Thanks Rowka, very much appreciated indeed.:hyper:
  18. gumtownbassman

http://gtx.tinfoilmusic.net/

now added, more features than you can shake a stick at.:hyper:

* Bulk patch writing of a specific effect setting over multiple patches in one operation.

* Text Summaries of Patch settings, System & Global settings, and User Patch Listings, all able to save to file or print.

* Separate Assigns edit pages for easier access to the assigns.

* Auditioning of patches with-in Bulk patch files, and loading of a single patch from a Bulk file.

* automatic patch conversion when loading a patch from a different GT model.

* 5 clipboards for storing patches for instant recall or pasting. patches are saved automatically for the next session.

* 5 effect partial paste buttons, to paste only an effect part from one of the 5 clipboards to the current patch.

and it's all free to use.. enjoy !! :)
  19. gumtownbassman

The address has now changed to
    http://fxfloorboard.sourceforge.net/
  20. deadwtxsky

deadwtxsky

Man I just bought one of these online. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the week of waiting. So I was wondering how come the pros don't use multi-effects.
  21. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets Supporting Member

Media:
    Victor Wooten does, in fact, use his Boss GT-6B routinely. But otherwise, you're right. Most pros seem to go with single stompers. I know this has been a topic of discussion a million fold, but IMHO, a good multi is the way to go. No patch cables to degrade signal, and you only need one outlet space:D. Most modern units sound good(although some older ones are really great too), and you never have to worry about a seperate tuner.:bassist: