GT10-B & GT10 Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassman 100, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Are there any Bass Patches on the GT10 or Guitar Patches on the GT10-B. Thinking of one model for both. Into Modulation Effects, Reverb, the odd Electric Lead Guitar Solo & Blues "Break up" type patchs for electric guitar.

Into EQ & Volume Patches on Bass with Modulation on/off again. Clean, Deep Sounds at preset ranging volumes and EQ.

2. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

3. gumtown

gumtown Supporting Member

There are patches for both ways here http://bossgtcentral.com/dm/
    or if you download the editors below, they also have a load of patches for both 10 & 10B.

Both units are almost identical, the main difference between the units are,
    GT-10 has ...
    only guitar amp models,
    has autoriff effect and wave synth effect.
    a few extra parameters for the guitar synth effect.
    a custom amp model per patch.
    2 preamps.

GT-10B has.
    multiband compressor,
    bass amp models and 4 guitar amp models.
    XLR outputs.
    more channel switching options.

4. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Hi gumtownbassman,
    You've made my day with this reply. I have checked out that very useful link thanks. I've also downloaded the user manual. I can't find/identify the 4 Guitar Models. Would you know which patches they are so that when I get to the store to try it out, I know what patches to try.
    Regards, Bassman100

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gumtown

which one did you go for?

7. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Hi,
    thanks for the follow up.
    Well went to the store with the intention of buying the GT10-B, as my GT8 Guitar pedal refuses to tune my Bass Guitar E String - I was afaid of similar issues with the GT10.
    I ended up test-driving the Line6 M-9 and bought it over the GT10-B, Very Very pleased. I kept my GT6-B & GT8, I still have GAS for the GT10-B. Having changed my bass amp for the Phil Jones Super Flight Case, I guess I'll have to wait for the "GT12-B" & hope they sort out the bright lights, reduce the size & weight issues. Love The Super Flight Case. Fantastic

8. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Got the GT10-B. Love it except for the LED's are much too bright for me. Has anyone changed the Red LED's for a different bulb ?
    If so, can you talk us through it please ?

9. gumtown

You would have to strip down the GT-10B and unsolder the led's from the circuit board and replace them.
    I suggest tinting them or covering them with tape.

[​IMG]

10. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Excellent, so I gather by the photo it can be done. I have access to an excellent amp electrician, I think it would be worth having it done. I would love to have the same type Red LED's from the GT6B & GT8. Can you tell me if this would be possbile. Are they widely available ? Can you give me any guidance, a part number or wattage / size please? I say this with the GT100 in mind been the ultimate answer!

11. gumtown

GT-100 would be the answer, a simple soultion would be to coat the leds with a tinted paint/laquer/varnish.
    i recall they are 3mm sized and are rated in milliwatts, most generic leds will do.
    desoldering leds from through the circuit board also has risks of ending up with a brick/door stop too.

12. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Have you customized the above GT10, or is there a difference between the lights on the GT10 & GT10-B. The FX select on my 10B are Red. My pedal LED's are also Red which are prefect it's only the FX select bulbs that are blinding. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll post a before/after picture if I proceed with the tinting. OR add an extra zero to make it a 100!
    I presume I can disable the pre-amps in the GT100 & use EQ and FX only?

13. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Is it possible to bring Boss The GT10-B Bass Amps, into the Boss GT-100, with the software?