Guess bass characteristics by sound?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by funnyfingers, Jan 9, 2013.

1. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

I've uploaded me playing bass. The recording is from the XLR out of my amp pre-eq. Also nothing has been done with it.

First I wonder what people can say about the sound. What characteristics would you say it has and can you determine anything about the bass or pickups.

Secondly, if anyone uses Pro Tools, what could you suggest that I use in it.

Interesting thing I saw while converting this to upload. When I converted to a VOB file with a DVD maker, it added distortion to it, but still sounded ok. I tried converting it to mp3 with default 192 variable bit rate and it really hurt it. It not only added a sort of echo which could be a cool effect, it sort of skipped. The upload is 302 constant bit rate and I think it sounds like the source.

2. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

3. backup

backup

im not good at this but it sounds like a p bass.

4. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Thanks for the guess!

Well it is a Kramer - The Duke
    Quad coil humbucker wired in paralell.
    Aluminum neck.
    Pickup close to the bridge.

Also I took out all the pots and the switch, just because they were scratchy. I don't know the effect of this.

I'll be buying some replacement pots and such to re-wire it soon and will record again.

Also will record something using my new Rumble 350 using its options to see if anyone has any thoughts.

5. Register to disable this ad