Guess it never ends....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bassbully, Feb 6, 2014.

1. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Band drama that is.

Well a few months back I told a few here I was getting out of playing. I bought a bass boat and was selling off almost all my gear going fishin no more bands.

After about 11 years of some band or another it was not in me to continue. so I spent fall not playing and it was nice. The Band I was in was on life support after my originals band of fours years passed away... LWR Rip.:meh:

Since the originals band was over my heart just was not in music to continue.

But I picked up with a mostly covers band I played with 5 years ago and left to form the originals band that had just ended.
    We played thru the spring and summer and it was pretty cool but not like my old band was. So I decided when that band was fading out to walk away.

Just this past winter out of the blue I get a call from our guitar player. He tells me the drummer and himself were reforming the cover band and wanted me to be a part. They were taking it 360 degrees away from what it was and managing it themselves. They also were telling the BL that he was going with them or else. They were to tell him they would move on without him (BL) if he wasn't in.

They did tell him and he was in. We were to have a band meeting sometime soon and it looked pretty good. A few gigs here and there, better places and pay so I said I'm down.

Well the drummer who set this all up never held the meeting. Today the guitarist calls and said both him and I were out of the new band.
    The drummer talked to the BL only and both decided to bring in a couple buds of his on guitar and bass leaving us out.
    He has never said a word to me about this and backstabbed both of us.
    The drummer has some equipment at his house of the guitar player and owes me a little money for equipment I sold him but was to be payed for.

I'm shocked by the whole mess and the guitar player is marching to the drummers house today to get his gear and collect my money or get my gear back. Its shocking and sad all at the same time since I liked these guys a and the drummer and me got along well.

I'm not sure what to say now to the drummer or BL. I'm kind of PO'ed but also disappointed they never even contacted the guitar player or me...not cool.

Guess It is time to walk away. I can't really complain for the last 11 years I played with pretty cool people and band drama was not really a big thing with any of us. Hopefully the ice will melt soon and I can start chasing bass the fish. :p

2. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

So you got booted out of the band before the first meeting. Yep...time to go fishing.

3. BrentD

BrentD Supporting Member

Don't give up music completely, though, just because musicians can suck. Keep at least a bass and a little amp around. It's good for your soul.

4. guitarflinger

guitarflinger

Bass boat?

I feel my GAS kicking in. I don't have a boat to carry my amps OR basses in. What type do you recommend? There is no water near here, guess I would need a trailer as well.

Guitarflinger

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe Supporting Member

But never met ... there was no band, just the idea of a band. It seems the old BL is now the new BL. I don't understand how one quits a band and brings the former band leader into the new band ... that's a setup for disaster (at the least, for more of the same as the old band).

If it matters, I've found my best opportunities came about when I wasn't looking ... I was just "out there" doing my thing.

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies Supporting Member

Is a bass boat something like this, but with fewer strings.

[​IMG]

8. Vanceman

Vanceman

This has been a very productive week for band drama.

9. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yeah, I remember that, it wasn't very long ago. So what happened - didn't catch any fish?

10. bassbully

:p No fishing was great and still will be this year hopefully. I was convinced I was done till they called me and spun a new idea to this old tried band.I was interested to see where it was going, like I said this change was fueled by the drummer and guitar player. Now that drummer who was taking over the BL role kicked the guitar player and myself out never meeting with us.

Like I said it looks like my path is chosen for me. I'm tired of idiots and feel let down by those who were bandmates and friends.

11. bassbully

I have seen that before. Close enough to a bass boat I guess.

12. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

Bullet is the best bass boat for metal.

13. soulman969

soulman969

Yep, and a solid body. The horsepower of the amp is optional. ;)

14. SnowCal

SnowCal

What's the best string gauge for the bass boat?

15. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

You do realize 360 degrees is a full circle. No wonder it died, just like the previous incarnation.:smug:

16. obimark

obimark

I really think all this band drama is directly related to the sorry- *** US economy- I don't think it is a coincidence that I have been in 4 cover bands in the last 3 years. ;-)

17. bassbully

It was the drummer overthrowing the BL and the guitarist and myself acting as his allies :p If the old BL did not except the overthrow the new band would march on with out him.

The weird thing is the old BL accepted the overthrow and was onboard to meet and discuss the new band. that meeting never came until the Drummer cut off the allies forming his new alliance with the old BL :smug:

18. bassbully

Bullet makes a great boat for sure.

19. bassbully

80 lb test.

20. bassbully

Good one...um what?

21. Itzayana

Itzayana

Were drugs or alcohol involved?