Guild Pilot P/J Mint & Vintage USA Precision + Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by StrangeC, Jan 20, 2014.

1. StrangeC

StrangeC Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    IMG_0399
    Guild Pilot Bass in stunning amberburst over a premium flamed maple body. Made in the US before Fender or DeArmond owned Guild, this bass dates from the mid '80s- 1983 I think. Model SB-602? It is all original and in Excellent condition!

Top notch materials and hand made build quality throughout. EMG active Precision and Jazz pickups give you both the classic P-Bass and J-Bass sounds. Guild Badass Bridge, Grover Tuners, bone nut, and Schaller Strap Locks (black locks for your strap are included). Had the Guild straight-pull knife headstock (not the pointy one).

Includes original Guild hard shell case.

This is an excellent example of a 32 year old vintage bass that is getting hard to find in this near new condition.

Made famous by Daryl Jones with Sting, Gary tallent of the E Street Band, Aimee Mann, Ben Orr of The Cars, Jaco Pastorius, and many others!

$650 Shipped and PP
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0394
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0398
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0397
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0396
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0395
  2. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

3. bassguppy

bassguppy Supporting Member

As a former Pilot owner these basses have a great, fast neck and are worth triple the price. Sad that they were discontinued. GLWTS.
  4. spufman

spufman Supporting Member

Dang Pilots always go too low for what they are. I have the 5 in same flame/color and it is killer. Bump 'cause I think that headstock was from 87or 88.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. oboylebass

oboylebass

Perfect for an 80s tribute band!! Cool!