1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Guitar Center Coupns

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fit4pain, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Fit4pain

Fit4pain Gold Supporting Member

I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. I am looking for a Guitar Center Coupon. They have a used Bass I am gassing for and I am hoping to save some money if possible. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas.

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

The only way I've ever gotten a discount on a used Guitar Center item was to haggle it down. Their discount/coupon codes usually (emphasis on "usually") don't apply to used gear and companies that don't want to participate in vendor-based sales.

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Coupons never apply to used items. Best to haggle.

4. pica

pica

Gotta read the fine print. As already stated, coupons don't apply to used instruments.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LanOsb133

LanOsb133

Find dings, scratches anything wrong with the bass. Use that as leverage against them and haggle the price down. Remember that its best to start low, you can always go up but you can never go back down.

7. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

have any of you ever haggled with a non local GC over the phone? like for a used item listed online? i always hated that their discount sales never apply to used items, and i always read the fine print hoping they leave that part off... but they never do

8. Fit4pain

Fit4pain Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Guys I will make them and offer.

9. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I did once. I think it was with a GC in Texas. I asked if they could drop a Squier Standard P-Bass Special (black & chrome edition) down from $250 to $200. They guy said he'd have to talk to his manager and then call me back. I heard back from him within fifteen minutes and he said $200 was fine.

One thing I always do is to ask someone to look it over for cosmetic damage and to acknowledge that it operates properly.

10. CapnSev

CapnSev

The markup on used gear at Guitar Center is enormous. You should have plenty of wiggle room.

11. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

Someone at a music store able to operate a telephone? Amazing. In 30 years I've found exactly ONE store that employed mammals with the advanced tool use skills necessary to place telephone calls.

12. TinyE

TinyE Supporting Member

I do on every purchase. At most they pay 60% of the price they are asking for whatever it is they are selling. There's a lot of wiggle room there. Just call or email and make an offer.