Guitar Center Greensboro

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Splintered Skul, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

Media:
    Can anyone comment on the variety of selection, size, and quality of service? A buddy and I were looking to go to a GC to try as much stuff as possible and do some holiday shopping. The Greensboro location is the closest one near at a 1.5-2 hour drive from SW VA. Would it be worth it to maybe go to another location? Other cool shops in area?

2. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

Media:
  3. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I was there about 4 years ago. It seemed like a "Cookie Cutter" store. Meaning just like every other GC. I can remember the Sales staff being polite and friendly. They let me play a bunch of Taylor & Martin Acoustic guitars with no pressure. There is a Jacksons Music store very near by in Winston Salem on Stratford Road. There is also a Shannocks music in King, NC right off route 52(Exit 123). Ask for Vicky if you go there. She's very nice.

4. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I've been to a bunch of different Guitar Centers, they always seem to have the same stuff except the used section.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mwbrown1977

mwbrown1977 Supporting Member

I live in Greensboro and have been there several times. They appear to have a relatively decent selection. If there is something specific you are looking for, PM me and the next time I am out there I will see if they have it. I don't think I could tell you by memory how many different basses are there but I would guess somewhere between 24-30 new, plus about about a half dozen used models. They actually had a nice vintage P-Bass there 2 weeks ago but it was way out of my budget. The staff seems helpful, perhaps bordering on the "too helpful" side of things being eager for the sale and all that. But I can't fault them for that, it's their job and they have always been quick to set up an amp if I want to demo one of the basses.

7. seang15

seang15 Supporting Member

I had good experiences there. For various reasons...not necessarily because the variety, just that it was Father's Day, met a nice gent there, etc.

GC is GC otherwise...nothing new.

8. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

Media:
    Awesome; thanks for the input guys. I've heard different stories about different GC's so that's why I thought I'd ask. I might check out Jacksons and Shannocks on the way back out so long there's time. Always love checking out more local shops as well as the big box stores. Usually where you find those hidden gems.