Guitar center vs best bass gear

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cocoune, Jan 29, 2013.

1. cocoune

cocoune

HEy,
    I Want the aguilar OBP-3SK/PP on my warwick corvette and I want to know where should i buy it. Im from canada

2. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Who has the best price?

3. cocoune

cocoune

ITs guitar center (157 $), not best bass gear (201). But i know that BBG can prewire the preamp but i dont know for GC. BBG is free shipping for canada but i dont know for GC.

4. line6man

line6man

Is prewiring worth $44 to you, or not?

I would personally rather support a small business like BBG than a large chain like GC, but that's just me.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lokikallas

lokikallas Supporting Member

I just got that same setup from BBG. No complaints. I would like to see an option to choose a deep input jack, as the default is a shallow one but that's an easy swap. Diagrams are easy to follow, all you have to do is solder to the color coded leads they connect to the pots for you.

7. cocoune

cocoune

I think I would go for BBG because it's free shipping, they can prewire and it seems easier overall. I sended a mail to both and BBG had more complete answers, I think they're after sell services is better. Like line6 said, I prefer supporting small places.

8. abemo

abemo

I fully understand if the $44 is a deciding factor, but I also prefer supporting small business, bbg has excellent tech support, and one of the most informative websites around (for pups), and when it comes down to it, I've never had anything but a great experience from bbg, and I've mostly just gotten frustrated with gc.

9. cocoune

cocoune

THank you guys for your feedbacks !

10. blindrabbit

blindrabbit Supporting Member

Consider buying used here from the TB Classifieds. Be patient and wait for one to pop up, or alternatively make a posting in the WTB section. Make sure when you make offers that people know you are from Canada. This is the way to get the best deal, and you'll be helping out your TB brethren.

11. DrumsAndBass

DrumsAndBass

I don't like Guitar Center but I buy from them sometimes. I don't live in L.A. anymore where there are lots of small music stores. San Diego has very little to offer for music stores. Of course, GC has a reasonable return policy.