1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Guitar Fetish now selling basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gjbassist, Nov 11, 2011.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

As of today Guitar Fetish now sells complete basses instead of just parts! Looks like they are mainly sticking to the traditional J and P type plus one modern model. They have a decent variety of colors and choice of maple or rosewood fretboards on most. Looks like nice basses for the price. May have to get one just so I can do a full review.

Xaviere Bass Guitars

2. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

169+32.96 (shipping)+2.10 required insurance=204.06

squier VM p bass in natural=279$ , there are alot of coupons available and its easy to get them for around 250$

I like the squiers looks better

[​IMG]

3. gjbassist

A couple of things I noticed about these is that they are supposedly using the GFS pickups. I have used GFS pickups in several mod projects and they are IMO very nice for the money. They are also using Graphtech nuts. My shipping was only $24.70 plus the $2.10 for insurance. Anyway I though these might be another option for a good budget priced bass. Plus the headstock is much more appealing than the current SX headstock!

4. bound'n'blocked

bound'n'blocked

I wonder how long it will be before "someone" makes them change that headstock shape...

A guitar buddy of mine built a Tele out of guitarfetish parts and really likes it. He's really pumped about their pickups too. These would probably be nice basses.

BnB

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ghostdog93

ghostdog93

Interesting. I wonder how they will sell in the current market, given the number of bases already available in this price range.

I'm sure there will be a lot of comparisons to the cheaper SXs and to the Squier Affinity series, which are just about the same price.

7. A-Step-Towards

I do like the looks better then SX,

There ar ealot of choices i guess around the same price , affinity , turser , sx, austin , etc. I still think sx is probably best value wise , but not look wise with the new stock

8. A-Step-Towards

Shipping must be higher for me as i am west coast

9. EagleMoon

EagleMoon

I like that see-through white on the DLX. The Vintage Ivory on the P's and J's is nice too.

10. FrankenIbanez70

FrankenIbanez70

I have a Strat i made from all GFS parts, And its amazing. I caught myself drooling over a few of these.. I think I may have found my next bass. I love the DLX Sunburst.

11. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

This may be a perfect solution for a back up bass.

12. gjbassist

Another thing I just noticed is that the P and J have 21 frets instead of 20. Not a big selling point for me but there are some who might like the extra fret.

13. RBX4

RBX4

Good to know!

14. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Dudes...seriously, read some of the product sales descriptions, and description of the bass neck, too. Whover writes this stuff is freakin' hilarious!

15. audiomitch

audiomitch

P and Jazz bass copies... :meh:. I might be interested in the DLX model, but I'd definitely have to play one first.

16. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

look fairly nice, may pick up a p

17. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

I like this one here ... Nice headstock

Is the the new SX?

[​IMG]

18. electracoyote

electracoyote

Wow, another serious competitor in the sub $200.00 range. These look really good for back-up/mod/student territory.

I have a couple of Xaviere guitars, a 335 and a Tele thinline. Not too shabby.

19. electracoyote

electracoyote

Very funny indeed. "Guitar Barn"...I love it.

20. electracoyote

electracoyote

And...I'm in for one Ivory P Bass with maple board!

I've been experimenting with flats and this is a good way to do it. Plus, it's one more option I may recommend to students.

I'll give you brohams the report when it arrives.

21. wdinc01

wdinc01

Man, I was hoping they'd have a fiver that I could turn into a piccolo bass. I guess I suppose I could just get a 4 and put another tuner in it, but the string spacing make be too tight for me.

Still, nice to know there's other options out there. And nice looking options at that.