Guitar picks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by milkman-27, Dec 10, 2013.

1. milkman-27

milkman-27

I have been thinking about buying customized picks with my bands name on them for Christmas for my bandmates. Is this a cheesy idea?

2. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

The drummer might not have a use for them, but otherwise it sounds like a nice idea.

3. milkman-27

milkman-27

The drummer actually plays guitar also.

4. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

As long as they all like the same size, shape, and thickness of the picks, sure!

My sister in law bought me customized picks last year. It was a super nice thing to do, but I've never actually used them because they are not Jazz III's.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

If I remember right, most custom-guitar-pick companies have a minimum order of around 100 or so, which might be rather a lot just as present for your bandmates. I don't know, maybe they would like 20-25 picks each. In those quantities, though, I think of it more as a promo/merch thing.

7. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

I think it's a great idea! I bought custom picks for myself and the members of my previous band, and they were very happy.

I've used this company (I have no affiliation with them)
    http://www.customguitarpicks.com.au/

Their prices are GREAT, there is free shipping worldwide, and there is no minimum order.
    Of course, the more you order they cheaper they are, but 20 custom picks from them is VERY cheap (just over $1) and 50 picks is somewhere around .70 cents. And turn around time was fast. WELL worth it.

They also have tins you can buy as a gift.

Anyway, I was VERY happy with them and their customer service ws awesome. Gus, the owner, was great with me. I recommend them to you.

8. GKon

By the way, they have pre-made designs you can choose from, or you can fully customize your own picks (color, image, font etc etc etc) or do something as simple as writing your name on them.

Let me know how it goes.

9. Shinbone

Shinbone

Thanks for the link GKon. These are the best prices I've seen for custom picks. I just ordered a batch.
    Also, the online designer was very easy to use.

10. GKon

My pleasure, Shinbone. I've been meaning to post this info to the forum for a while but, well, I was lazy, :)

I was completely satisfied with the products, the customer service, ease of design, pricing, quick delivery and the hands on help of the owner, Gus, when I had several questions.

If you wouldn't mind, post pics of, well, your picks! (when you get them).

11. electracoyote

electracoyote

I think it's a cool idea.

My gut reaction is: You can make them simply novelties, or you can also figure out what gauge/material/shape they play and customize that as well. I'd rather be given a pick I can actually use.

12. GKon

The company I mentioned above offers only I material, celluloid.

However, they offer a variety of thicknesses to choose from and two shapes. The common "guitar" pick shape, and the larger triangle shaped "bass" pick.

13. RockNRollAl

RockNRollAl