1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Guitar pickups in bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Iheartreverb, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

So I've read that early Ric's had toaster guitar pickups in the neck. I've already saved up to get a new bridge pickup for my faker (£150!) and now I'm moving onto the neck.
    Acesrus in the UK do toaster guitar pickups super cheap and I was thinking of giving this a try.

Any opinions/ thoughts/ advice?

I'm not a tone chaser in the senses I want it to nail the Ric tone. I just want it
    To be usable and the bridge pickup in there is mega noisey (not in a good way) and a Ric neck pickup will add another £80 onto my project.
  2. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

guitar pickups should work provided the magnetic field covers all the strings of your bass.