Guitar through Zoom B2 to Fender Mustang amp miced to the PA?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Jack Pepsi, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Jack Pepsi

Jack Pepsi

I started this thread in the effects forum, but it started to veer this way a little.

I'm wanting to start up a band, and I am aiming for a White Stripes/ Black Keys sort of sound. A kind of crunchy heaviness, but at the same time a little thin sounding.

The setup that I am envisioning will be something along the lines of a singer, me on guitar and a drummer. I'm dropping the bass to emulate the format of the bands mentioned above and attain the crunchy sound that I'm after.

Because just a regular guitar on it's own runs the risk of sounding too thin, I was going to mix in an octaver to drop some guts into the guitar's mix. What I would like to know is whether the following setup sounds feasible live?

The guitar passed through a Zoom B2 to add a fuzz, drive and octaver into a Fender Mustang amp (Small, but as I'm a primarily bassist - I haven't got a big guitar amp). The amp would then be miced up to the PA.

The vocalist would just sing as usual, through the PA, presumably on a channel next to the one that the guitar amp is miced through and the drummer... well... you know what they're like.