1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Guitar to bass Inlay stickers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by plaputas, Jan 30, 2014.

1. plaputas

plaputas

Hello guys , have anyone used guitar inlay stickers on a bass fingerboard? can this work?
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They are just stickers, why would they be for one instrument and not the other?
  3. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Maybe because of the different scale length the stickers have different sizes ?
  4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sure but even at that, they would just look a bit narrow, nothing to make them "not work". :)
  5. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

That's true ;)
    I think the other way may cause problems, by contrast. Or not, depending on the type of inlay.. hum :meh:
  6. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I have a MIM fretless with lines but no inlay dots. Can anyone recommend inlay dot stickers that look decent? I've found a bunch online but I don't wanna order something that's gonna look trashy.
  7. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Are the ones you want not available for bass? What are you looking for?
  8. 3234718

9. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

They will be fine. Although, I like the no dot look on a fretless.
  10. 3234718

Yah? I think it looks ok with no dots, but I like the look with lines and dots. Like Juan Alderete's fretless:
    [​IMG]
    or Jaco's....
  11. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Thinking out loud. i haven't played much fretless. The stickers are no big deal on a fretted bass because the string is hitting the fret, not necessarily the fretboard. Wouldn't the sticker be way more likely to cause problems as you slide past a sticker?
  12. 3234718

They'd be inbetween the strings. A heavy bend would take the string over the sticker, but I rarely bend on fretted, let alone the fretless.