1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Guitar wood furniture

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Hapa, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
    Hello TB luthiers,

I moved into a new place and I want to see if I can get a custom TV-stand/ entertainment center made by a fellow luthier that is setup for it. My tools are back in Cali and I have no shop or time here in AZ.

Core to be made of Qtr sawn spruce,
    Wenge veneer also qtr sawn
    Birds-eye maple/ 5A+ quilt for accent
    Quilted Sapele 5A veneer

High gloss finish

Modern/ Contemporary style no handles magnetic push style. Funky shapes accepted, asymmetrical is cool

cam style hardware

No wider than 6 foot no deeper than 21"

I can get the materials to you, or buy them local to your shop. I want the project to look like it should be a guitar - Perfect. I have very high standards but I am sure guitar builders know what I mean. It doesn't have to be veneer but weight and cost will make it a bear to ship unless you are in AZ.

I can offer $2000 plus materials.
  2. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bids? anyone know of anyone that does custom cabinets like this? I will contact them if you can give me a lead. I would really like to get the project to a real person here in the US instead of something imported. Overpriced from Copenhagen or look close and see the cheese IKEA.
  3. tjclem

tjclem

Disclosures:
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Stew doesn't know somebody? :eyebrow:
  4. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    I haven't asked him. He's been at his cabin for a few so calling is not so effective.
  5. Konquest

Konquest

Go to www.custommade.com and see who you can find in your area.

I have to warn you though, if you're like me, you'll wind up spending the whole day on there. It's pron for woodworkers...
  6. tjclem

tjclem

Disclosures:
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Some damn pretty stuff on there.
  7. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Customade.com is what got me started burning a whole in my pocket. And my reference for pricing.
  8. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
  9. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I've never done it before but I could give it a shot if you want? I would need $4000.00 because I would need to buy tools and stuff. :)