1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Guitar wood furniture

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Hapa, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Hapa

Hapa

Hello TB luthiers,

I moved into a new place and I want to see if I can get a custom TV-stand/ entertainment center made by a fellow luthier that is setup for it. My tools are back in Cali and I have no shop or time here in AZ.

Core to be made of Qtr sawn spruce,
    Wenge veneer also qtr sawn
    Birds-eye maple/ 5A+ quilt for accent
    Quilted Sapele 5A veneer

High gloss finish

Modern/ Contemporary style no handles magnetic push style. Funky shapes accepted, asymmetrical is cool

cam style hardware

No wider than 6 foot no deeper than 21"

I can get the materials to you, or buy them local to your shop. I want the project to look like it should be a guitar - Perfect. I have very high standards but I am sure guitar builders know what I mean. It doesn't have to be veneer but weight and cost will make it a bear to ship unless you are in AZ.

I can offer $2000 plus materials.

2. Hapa

Hapa

Bids? anyone know of anyone that does custom cabinets like this? I will contact them if you can give me a lead. I would really like to get the project to a real person here in the US instead of something imported. Overpriced from Copenhagen or look close and see the cheese IKEA.

3. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Stew doesn't know somebody? :eyebrow:

4. Hapa

Hapa

I haven't asked him. He's been at his cabin for a few so calling is not so effective.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Konquest

Konquest

Go to www.custommade.com and see who you can find in your area.

I have to warn you though, if you're like me, you'll wind up spending the whole day on there. It's pron for woodworkers...

7. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Some damn pretty stuff on there.

8. Hapa

Hapa

Customade.com is what got me started burning a whole in my pocket. And my reference for pricing.

9. Hapa

Hapa

10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I've never done it before but I could give it a shot if you want? I would need $4000.00 because I would need to buy tools and stuff. :)