1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Guitar World Article About Flying With Instruments

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kmonk, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
  2. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

yeah but that is just for small instruments.
    usually a bass in a hard case is too big.
    besides, I don't really want to carry that thing around the airport anyway.
    get a good case, wrap your bass in towels or t-shirts for extra cushion.

and if you have a super expensive bass, don't fly with it.
  3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    The law states guitars and instruments can be carried on the plane as long as it fits in a "suitable baggage compartment".

I have flown with my bass in a hard case many times, always as a carry on and have never had a problem.
  4. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Does anyone here have experience in flying by AVIANCA and taking the bass as a carry on baggage?
    I did it many times flying by AA and The Attendants always helped me putting my bass in the closet, but I don't know if it is a normal procedure at Avianca… by phone, they told me that I may take the bass as my only carry on… but it's verbal...