1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Guy Getting Great Tone from Yamaha BBNE2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Modulus1906, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Modulus1906

Modulus1906 Supporting Member

Enjoyeeee!!

2. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

That is really amazing sound - what I would like to hear when I play.

I wonder what the entire audio chain was??
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

That dude sounds like Paul Jackson fan. Between a great bassist and a high quality Yamaha bass, the result has got to be good.
  4. Modulus1906

Modulus1906 Supporting Member

Not sure. Do you hear a bit of compression from the sound whether from the bass itself or the amp setup? I think I do. Whatever it is, I love it!
  5. christoph h.

christoph h.

Judging from his other clips, he knows how to get a great sound from all of his instruments.
    I also hear some compression going on, more than is inherent to the instrument. (the NE2 does sound a bit compressed by itself, IMO)
  6. Bass Mayhem

Bass Mayhem

This is not a matter of which bass, it is a matter of who is playing. Good bass player!
  7. LaBassGuy

LaBassGuy

I just got a BBNE2 myself.

What an awesome instrument. The modern, high-end jazz tones you can get out of this thing is amazing. The parametric EQ is incredible--you can get a Sadowsky type tone, high-end sizzle if you want, etc.