1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Guyatone BR-2 no wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JuanBass0012, Jan 27, 2013.

1. I have a Guyatone Br2 and it has a Guyatone powersupy. I plug it in and the red light works and its sounds fine when it is in bypass . When I activate it I hear nothing but a low volumed bass. Someone help please

2. What bass, pickups, and amp are you using?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    You run compression b4 the be?

5. I'm using an Ibanez Gsr200 with an acoustic bass amp

6. definitely something's broken, better have it checked

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Does it do anything different if you hit your strings really hard?

I find mine to do similar things when I play very weak, but if I play aggressively it works fine.

8. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Yep. Guyatone filters tend to need a strong signal to trigger them.

9. Try running a compressor before. As mentioned above they need a strong signal to work properly.

10. tracer03

tracer03 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Eagan, Minnesota
    +1 to this. I run a Passive Jazz with Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pups through a SansAmp ParaDriver/Pork Loin for a good amount of gristle, and I've found that the signal still needs to be pretty hot to get a good 'quack' out of it.

Part of the reason it's going up for sale, soon to be replaced by a Xerograph Deluxe..:smug:

11. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Claremont, CA.
    Sad to say it, but your best bet is to unload the BR-2 and get the MXR Bass Envelope Filter. :smug:

12. I guess I'll put my MXR bass envelope filter in the chain. My br2 has no sound with the battery or power supply it just lights up

13. it just sounds REALLY bassy i can barley hear a wah

14. Drop-D

Drop-D

Mar 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    I have found that it always works best with passive instruments. Whenever I used anything active I had the same problem.

15. The BR-2 works fine with both of my actives and even my acoustic :p

16. I'll have someone take a look at it

17. I bought a Br-2 and had all kinds of problems with it. Volume loss, Low end loss, etc. I ended up buying a 120$ booster pedal to run before it just so I could use it. Works in my setup now but i'm thinking maybe I should have just bought the MXR bass envelope filter from the start haha

18. Yeah I have one but I use it for other things but I'm going to add it to my effect chain In place of the br2