1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Guys - Who Hates Football?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GK Growl, Jan 18, 2014.

1. GK Growl

GK Growl

How many guys here actually hate football?
  2. Human Element

Human Element

I don't "hate" it. I couldn't care less about it though. What I do hate are the "fans" who think life revolves around it. I once whatched my brother-in-law throw the remote at his brand new $700 tv because his team was losing:what:
  3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

I am surrounded by many people who love it. I personally don't give a hoot. Here, it's mostly Alabama or Auburn. I didn't go to Alabama but one of my kids just graduated from there and the other is a sophmore . I have a closer connection to that school than most people and I still don't say "we" won.
  4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

+1 to my brother in Knoxville :p

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate it, but I am highly indifferent and uninterested in it. I'll occasionally watch a game on TV, but it's more background noise than anything else.
  5. Junk420

Junk420

Growing up near Toronto, Canadian Football was shoved in my face all the time, I hate the CFL. It shouldn't exist.

American Football I am a fan of; not as Hardcore as some people, but I do follow the Bears and Pats
  6. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    I watch the bears sometime..hope they win..stuff like that.

but hate?...That would have to mean I have a passionate view about it...I'd rather see Amanda Bynes in a gorilla outfit toss Justin Beibers salad.
  7. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

You're asking this now during the play-offs? :rollno:
  8. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)
  9. ZenG

ZenG

I like football...

Hate basketball........
  10. tplyons

tplyons

I don't hate football, I just don't follow the weekly ins and outs of it like some people do.

I don't understand how people can know every player on every team, their stats, colleges, etc. I know teams and some of their players.

I consider myself a fan and will always go to a game, but I won't purposely sit around on Sunday just to watch regular season games. If there's nothing better to do, I'll sit around and watch the Giants though. My Sundays just don't revolve around football.
  11. ReviveBass

ReviveBass

This is how I feel. I just can't care about it...
  12. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

Like football. Pros more than college. Watching a CFL vs a NFL live is two different games. Much more action at a faster pace in the CFL.

Hate ice dancing, but I'd rather drive from Lincoln to St Louis to see ice dancing than walk across the street to see a basketball game. But from what I gather, what they play at Nebraska barely resembles basketball. Been to one game, most boring couple of hours in my life.
  13. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

I really don't have any interest in football, but I do like beer and fried things with cheese in them.....

So, I really don't care who's playing or who wins, but I will most definitely come to your Super Bowl party.
  14. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

I don't care about football. Hate it?..hmm.... think it's boring yeah, sure. Not as much as basketball though. Don't care for baseball either. I don't really watch sports but i did watch hockey growing up and as a teen. Nowadays if i watch a NHL game a year that's good though... I do follow whats happening here and there in the season and more closely in the playoffs. But that's about the extent of my interest in sports. Well, i might watch games in the olympics, i have to say.
  15. ZenG

ZenG

What I found weird was:-

I used to be amazed with some of the people at the place I worked.

They were always into sports betting pools and could quote you names, stats, games and results by the dozen without batting an eyelid.

Especially hockey games.

One day I said to a guy I worked with :- "How the heck do you keep up with it all?....You must watch about 50 games a week on t.v...."

He said:- "I hardly ever watch games.......you don't need to...you can find all the stats on the internet..."
  16. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Hold on, american football right?

If we're talking rest of the world football, i do think it's the second best sport after hockey...though i dont watch it either.
  17. GK Growl

GK Growl

Yes, it's the best time to ask this question. Especially for those of us who dislike it because it and everything that goes with it can be ultra annoying. It's not really the football I hate, it's the culture that goes with it that is so predominant in my area. If you are a guy and you don't care about football, you are treated as if something is wrong with you. Right down to questioning whether you are really a man. It's very prevalent here in South Carolina.
  18. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Come on. The World Cup is coming up soon.

How can you hate that.
  19. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

football or "soccer" as its known here in the colonies is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
  20. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I'm completely indifferent to sports. Amazing the number of people who just can't conceive of it.