1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

GWB1005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by henry2513, Jan 28, 2014.

1. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

http://imgur.com/oe4O6ow

Weighs 6.1 lbs. It's extremely resonant and has a really full and defined low end and sings up high too.

I was hesitant to get this since I already have a GWB-1 (which I'll sell soon) and wasn't sure it would be a major upgrade but it is. The finished rosewood board is awesome.

2. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

I thought GWB1005's had an ebanol board. Did they change that? I have a GWB2 on the way and if I love it I am contemplating getting a fretless, but it will have to be used. Can you give your impression of the differences between the 1005 and the GWB1? I know that the ramp is fully adjustable with threaded inserts and that these are hand made by one person - but I guess your impressions are what I am looking for. Thanks.

3. mmmusicman

mmmusicman

I got a GWB1005 a year and a half ago and played it maybe 5-6 times when I first got it but have been in a working band that just plays old covers and haven't played it since. I'm probably going to sell it as I retired early from my job to just do music so "discretionary" instruments are a luxury to me. I probably wouldn't spend the time needed to get my fretless chops back to where they were. I'm also playing upright in bluegrass so I feel like I'm spreading myself to thin. It's a fabulous bass, though. I love the feel of the ramp that forces better technique. You would do yourself no wrong by picking one up, that's for sure.