1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

HA3500+hartke 410 TP+hrley benton ¿x?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by YKARO, Jan 18, 2014.

1. YKARO

YKARO

hi, this is my first question.
    i'm spanish, my english may sound like an Indian :meh:
    let's start

ok, i will buy a new bass head (ha 3500, and with this amp, i buy a hrtke 410 transporter)
    but i want 350 watts, not 250. So i decided buy another cabinet of 8 ohms.

i thought buy an harley benton BB115T or BB410T or BB210T

i play heavy metal and nu metal, i prefer that this cabinet endure
    high hits.

Any of you tried them?
    The ha3500 sounds will be good with harley benton cabinets?

thanks and EADG:):):)

by the by, i wrote this with the translator of google....
    is not whether he'll be fine :bag:
  2. YKARO

YKARO

Come on guys, is important
  3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Mixing differing brands is always a crap shoot. my impression of HB products is that they are entry level at best. Your bet bet would be a second identical cabinet to the one you have. Never mix a 15 with a 4x10 - it's simply a lousy pairing despite its popularity.

Edit: The only way a 2x10 and a 4x10 can coexist is if the 2x10 has twice the impedance of the 4x10. They should also be of the same brand and product line.
  4. YKARO

YKARO

ams, i didn't know it.
    another thing more.
    why i can't mix differents patents?
  5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Research ALL of this right here on this site. Search threads about mixing spkr cabs, and read the faq's and stickies at the top of the page.
  6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Good choices but I would shy away from the Transporter, add some $$, and snag one of their better cabs like these:

http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/cabinets/xl-cabinets/

I'm particularly fond of the 8 ohm 2 X 10's as they're rated at 200 watts. Stack them vertically and run a speaker cable from the 3500's speaker outputs to each. This will provide a 4 ohm load which is quite acceptable plus you'll have the added sonic presence of what is essentially a vertical 4 X 10! This avenue, IMO, will give you the best "bang for the buck" without breaking the bank.

Riis
  7. YKARO

YKARO

if i buy the ha3500 the cabinet transporter too (in another forum, one friend, sells me the head with the cabinet (like a pack)
    the problem is that i want 2 cabinets, with 8 ohms each.
    with this i will have 350 watts, not 240w.

another thing... some expressions that you ussed...i didn't understand it.
  8. YKARO

YKARO

ok, sorry
  9. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

The difference between 240w and 350w is around +1db (about the same as moving your volume knob a tiny bit) - not as much as you would think.
  10. Zooberwerx

Okay, this is a package deal so you're somewhat limited. The amp is under-rated in terms of power vs. volume...the Hartke gear can get pretty loud! The speaker cabinet is rated at 300 watts so it is a good pairing. Don't worry about the 350 / 240 watts issue as it is of no real concern in your situation. In my opinion, this will be a very nice gig-worthy rig. I would not be concerned with adding a second enclosure at this point.

The Americans don't understand me either.

Riis
  11. YKARO

YKARO

ah, now i understand it.
    there isn't any problem with the number of cabs, i want 350 watts for if i need to play in a open site, in a little concert etc..
    thanks.

i'm soooooooo noob in amplification, and in maths, therefore i have problems with this "simples" opertions.
  12. Zooberwerx

The volume difference between 240 watts and 350 watts will be negligible with this particular rig. Please don't let this be a deciding factor. I owned and used the same rig years ago...it will get the job done, trust me.

Riis