1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hagstrom Super Swede Bass Reissue!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bostrowskij, Jan 29, 2014.

1. bostrowskij

bostrowskij

2. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

I have been looking high and low for a (new) Jazz bass that is really good, and with ergonomics I like. Not much luck so far, but this might be the one. At least if they make the neck a bit thinner (front to back) than on the Scan Bass. (edit: The vintage ones have sort of thick necks. The newer ones are much thinner.)

And it is Swedish (at least the brand)! :D
  3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

Ireally love the elegant look of this bass. And, every Hagstrom (guitar or bass) I've ever played had a super-shallow neck, about like playing just a fretboard.

I'll definitely be looking to test-drive one of these.
  4. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Nice. I like the black one a lot.

Edit: But not at the prices listed in post #5 and #6.
  5. Beginners_Luck

Beginners_Luck

These are from the Northen Series and will not be inexpensive - perhaps expect $1500 street price...
  6. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

SEK 20 000 = $ 2700 or so, incl tax in Sweden...
  7. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Something to keep in mind re price - these aren't being built in Asia. It amounts to a Hagstrom Custom Shop instrument.

I bet it's smokin' in every way.

P.S. I am a big Hagstrom fan and besides an HB-1 I'm lucky enough to have found a Coronado IV with Bi-Sonics in excellent shape some years ago, and I've only ever seen 2 or 3 come around in very worn condition.

I have never seen a Super Swede come up for sale.

Here's the chance to own one.
  8. HiFi Guy

HiFi Guy

I have a Hagstrom Viking and can't recommend it enough for the $ I paid. I wouldn't hesitate to try one of their basses.
  9. Apolicious

Apolicious

Pardon the newbie question (I'm unfamiliar with Hagstrom) but what exactly is a "Resinator" fretboard? Sans techno-babble, I mean.

But that is a very, very sexy bass.