1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Halfrounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Anonymous7, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Anonymous7

Anonymous7

Oct 21, 2012
    I like play vibrato bends and chords on my 4 string which has a E down to C extender, yet I don't like a bunch of finger noise, would these be expressive enough strings and what gauges should I get, if these aren't expressive enough what do you recommend?

2. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Earth
    I really try to shy away from recommending strings, because what may be nirvana to me, will be hell to you.

I like D'Addario Half Rounds; they tend to be a 'love 'em or hate 'em' kind of string. I think they're very versatile. They last a very long time.

3. Mikhail1

Mikhail1

Apr 8, 2008
    The only way to know for sure is to try them. Just remember that ground wounds start out large and then are ground down to size so I always found them to be fairly high tension compared to their gauges. I always liked compression wounds better but ymmv.

4. Yeah these are really high tension. You might want to try a lighter gauge if you're in to bending a lot.