1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hamer Blitz Bass = GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JellinWellen, Dec 9, 2013.

1. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

As the title suggests I am GASing for a Hamer Blitz bass. I found one used in Red with a matching red headstock and its around 500-600$. I couldn't really find any info on these but could anyone tell me anything about em? I know some were made overseas but the one I am looking at has a P/j configuration, they have dimarzios right?
  2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Could have DiMarzios depending on when it was made. Could have Schallers, could have EMGs. That's the Explorer one, right? Cool bass, potentially heavy as hell.
  3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Yeah its the explorer one. Weight isn't really an issue for me, its probably one of the last things on my list when getting a new bass.
  4. Webtroll

You must be a lot younger than I :D
  5. NWB

NWB

I had one long ago in high school.

It had wicked growl to it and DiMarzios. Excellent quality too.

I rather miss it.
  6. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Nice looking bass, and $600 is a reasonable price. It's got only 3 stars, so ask questions before you pull the trigger.

[​IMG]
  7. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Yeah I was planning to see if it was still up by the end of the month before I pull the trigger and have a store order it so I could try it out. It appears to be one of the US models no?
  8. davidjbass

davidjbass Supporting Member

I had a light metallic blue one. Ric Savage from Def Leopard really influenced me. It was a great bass but really neck heavy. I wish I had it though. A piece of history.
  9. cableguy

cableguy

I had this exact color but the Gibson model in the 80's. I miss that bass. I probably wouldn't play it much now, but it would be cool to have.
  10. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

oooohhhh man, speaking on being influenced by another player. I just noticed this is the same exact bass played by Jon Leon of White Wizzard, Love his tone and is probably one of my top influences. (band with a very NWOBHM sound) in this video:

GAS level has been raised, must fight it.
  11. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Definitely. I don't think they made the Blitz model overseas.

These are very high quality instruments.
  12. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there, but that nick where the finish is rubbed off at the top of the headstock looks exactly like the one on the bass in the video at 2:49 into the video.
  13. Webtroll

Sure looks the same on the headstock, but I can't tell if the wear from :43 is there
  14. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I have one in gunmetal blue with a stock Kahler Whammy bar. Super high quality USA made bass. Powered by a Dimarzio P/J set up it is one of the best sounding base I own. I paid all of 450 for it.
  15. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

If its still there in a few weeks ill see about pulling the trigger. But I'm gonna call that GC tomorrow and ask who brought it in to see if it really is Jons. I'd buy it regardless though...:D
  16. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Update, I had the guy from the guitarcenter send me pictures of the headstock. It has the EXACT same wear marks as the one in the video. Also the truss rod cover is black and says Sandra. Like the one in the video.
  17. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Lots of photos of that bass player playing a white Blitz. So either he had/borrowed a Blitz for that video, or it's been refinished red. If it's a refin, $600 is too high.
  18. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out.... Supporting Member

I would kill for any of the blue ones mentioned above....been GASSING for an explorer type bass
  19. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

My thoughts exactly. Although I'm probably gonna talk them down to a more reasonable price. I really do like the red though.

Yeah it looks like he borrowed it, because he still was using the white one in 2013 up until the band broke up.
  20. Webtroll

Obviously a tribute by a hardcore White Wizzard fan, I wouldn't assume it's the same bass